1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The scroll with 7 seals

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by danrusdad, Jan 13, 2005.

1. danrusdad

danrusdad New Member

I would like to know peoples opinion (pre-trib, post-trib, pre-wrath, etc) of what the Rev scroll with seven seals represents. Is it God's wrath, is it the title deed to the earth, etc, etc. Also what scriptural details leads you to your conclusion. I have my own opinion of course but would like to see others' before I chime in. Thanks!

2. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

The seven seals represent the future history of the world until the coming of Christ, future, that is, from John's point of view. Much of it is now past or present to us. They represent things we, as christians, have to endure in this present church age.

The four horsemen represent various calamaties we christians have to endure in the world from time to time - glorification of war, war itself, famine, widespread death . . .

The fifth seal represent the saints in heaven asking God how much longer before Christ comes to the earth again.

The sixth seal represents the actual coming of Christ and the end of the persecution and power of the four horsemen.

The seventh seal shows that the stage of earth is empty and all that matters is going on in heaven now, the new heaven and the new earth.

The seven trumpets follow. They show the same time frame, but from a different perspective . . . they are an overlap of the seven seals, not a subsequent set of events.

3. danrusdad

danrusdad New Member

I think you misunderstood...

I want to know people's opinion of what the scroll itself contains, not what the seals mean. If the seals were all there were to it there would be no need for a scroll at all. Anyone else?

4. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

5. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Oh the visions - four horsemen, etc . . - are the contents of the scroll, not just the seals alone. The breaking of the seal means we now have access to the scroll, and the vision procedes.