1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Secret Rapture return of Christ approaches

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So none in the Church held to a pre Mil view on Second Coming until he had his horse accident then?

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

False. Plenty before Darby held to these doctrines.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I present below the Scripture I have posted previously on this thread; Scripture that neither you or anyone else addressed, because you cannot!

From Post #4
    From Post #19

Continued in the following post!

4. OldRegular

Continued from preceding post #63!

I present below the Scripture I have posted previously on this thread; Scripture that neither you or anyone else addressed, because you cannot!

From Post#31
    From Post #41 responding to evangelist6589

Now responding finally to your remark I initially quoted!

The hypocrisy of the above statement on a “Christian” Forum is sickening. I have posted numerous Scripture on this thread and not a single passage has been refuted. There has been not a response of any kind. Instead DHK you have spent your time trying to slime me!

I agree that the Bible is correct. Furthermore the Bible takes precedence over everything, even John Nelson Darby. The Bible says absolutely nothing about a pre-trib removal of the Church. The Bible says absolutely nothing about two peoples of GOD; an earthly people, Israel; and a heavenly people, the Church. No Scripture can be presented that justifies either of these doctrines regardless of what Darby says about Isaiah 32. Rather these doctrines are the inventions of Darby, promoted and explained by such men as Scofield, Chafer, Ryrie. It appears to me that you dispensationalists choose the teaching of these men over GOD and the Bible.

Hubert Baker

#64 OldRegular, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First, I have cut this from the bottom of you post and put it here:

IMO, it renders just about everything you have said here invalid and useless information. If your premise is defamation of character. I don't care to read it.
    Apologize! Cease and desist. I am not going any further. Any further posting with this kind of trash will result in an infraction.

#65 DHK, Aug 28, 2014
  6. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

A debate between OR and DHK regarding dispensationalism!?! Shocker...

As Greektim said earlier; its not much of a secret if there are so many signs heralding the rapture.

And again, the go to passage for the so called secret rapture is possibly one of the noisiest verses in scripture:

1Th 4:16 NASB - For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.​

I remember being told that all that will occur at the rapture, but only the Christians will hear it... :BangHead:

So much for a literal interpretation.

7. OldRegular

#67 OldRegular, Aug 28, 2014
  8. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Oh yes, it's a great story. Just not biblical.

9. OldRegular

DHK
    I could not apologize if I wanted to do so. John Nelson Darby is dead and his remains are still in the grave! Jesus Christ is the First Resurrection and only resurrection to date!

I posted 86 verses of Scripture [posts 63 & 64] between the two statements by you quoted above and your only response to that Scripture is: "IMO, it renders just about everything you have said here invalid and useless information."

I noted in my last post #64:

DHK, You have proven my last remarks correct! You simply ignore Scripture!

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1 Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

A trump of God is mentioned here. It doesn't say which trump, though in First Corinthians it may say "last trump," that still doesn't identify it with any definite parameters. Certainly in the Book of Revelation there are seven trumpets that the angels have. They usher in judgments of God, not the rapture. We have no information exactly when or what this "trump" is, and would be wise not to speculate on it.
    However, that does not take away from the literalness of the interpretation.

11. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Where in my post did I at all reference the timing of the trumpet?

I was just pointing out the irony that this passage is used to support a so called-secret rapture, when the text makes reference to at least two, if not three, sources of loud noise.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Does that give you liberty to post falsehoods?
    Yes, Scriptures based on a hate-filled invective are not worth reading.
    Muslims will read Scriptures too. They also have a different premise.
    Your post #64 which you referred to:
    If you would like me to respond to the scripture you post stop posting the trash you write about Darby.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

So it does. But it doesn't say that they will all be heard on earth. I don't believe they will be. The description given in 1Cor.15 seems to contradict that. It will take place "in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye..."
    That is too fast to hear anything. The events your speaking of are no doubt somewhat anticipatory in heaven, as the rapture itself is very sudden.

14. AresMan

AresMan Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, you mean THIS "secret rapture"?

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
    1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Yup! "Sounds" pretty "secret" to me!

I know, I know, "only Christians will hear the shouts and trumpets" and all that, right? ;)

15. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

The event that occurs in the twinkling of an eye is the transformation of the body, from corruptible to incorruptible, not the rapture itself (our gathering to Christ) or the duration of the trumpet.

I have no idea what you are trying to say in your last sentence.

16. beameup

beameup Member

The "last trump" is the last in a series of shofar blasts during the Feast of Trumpets, and is the loudest and longest.
    So, in this respect, the Harpazo will be signaled; and the catching-up of people into the clouds will be a sign to Israel.

[​IMG]

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The events of 1Thes.4:15-18 and 1Cor.15:50-54 (esp. 52) are the same. The rapture and the resurrection of the believer take place at the same time. But it is an instantaneous event. It takes place so quickly (in the twinkling of an eye), that the "sounds" mentioned become irrelevant. We'll be gone before we have a chance to hear them.

18. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Yes the passages speak of the same event - the rapture. But specifically what 1 Cor 15 speaks of occurring in the twinkling of an eye is the transformation of the body not the rapture itself. Now could the rapture be that fast? Sure. In fact I think it's likely, but it's not necessary.

It's even less necessary, unlikely even IMO, to say that the entirety of events surrounding the rapture (Christ's descent, the shout, the trumpet) all occur in the same lightning fast instant. So there is no reason to think that the trumpet blast or the shout will occur so fast that no one can hear it.

Also, if it's so fast no one can hear it, then what's the point? Isn't the purpose of the trumpet and the shout to announce his return to gather the elect? If nobody hears it, then it seems strange to even mention them.

19. OldRegular

How can Scripture, the word of Holy GOD, be based on hate-filled invective; and how can any Scripture not be worth reading? The Apostle Paul writes:

2nd Timothy 3:16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

The more you say DHK the more you show your contempt for the Word of GOD! Scripyure also has a few words of wisdom for such as you, DHK!

Isaiah 30:9. That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:

Hosea 4:6. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Mark 7:6-9
    6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
    7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
    9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

It is really, i mean really, strange that you are so defensive about Darby when you claim that he was not the "grand puba" of dispensationalism and that you had never read anything he wrote.

I posted the truth about Darby and the truth about dispensationalism. You can call it trash if you so choose. I simply posted what Dr. Thomas Ice said about Darby though I did describe pre-trib dispensationalism in less than admiring words.

Ice said that Darby invented pre-trib dispensationalism doctrine, with two peoples of GOD, while "convalesing" from a fall off a horse. I posted Ice's remarks with links!

That pre-trib dispensationalism of Darby, promoted and explained by such men as Scofield, Chafer, Ryrie, and Walvoord, is a false doctrine that cannot be supported by Scripture. Neither you or anyone else has attempted to do so, rather you make stupid innuendoes about me, wanting to question my salvation but haven't the nerve! But then that is not a new experience for one who questions pre-trib dispensationalism on this Forum!:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

#79 OldRegular, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  20. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of our differences in eschatology I looked at your book online and it looks interesting. John MacArthur also did an exhaustive look at the subject of tithing in his book "Whose Money is it anyways?" which can persuade anyone with an open mind and willing to look at the scripture in context that tithing is unbiblical. Churches that command people to tithe and or make those that don't feel like they are in sin, should be ashamed of doing so to those on low incomes, or living in costly areas and on a meager salary. But they justify their binding people with guilt whom do not tithe, that they need the money. We all need money. I no longer always tithe, but give cheerfully to the Lord.

#80 evangelist6589, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.