1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Seven "Ups"

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Sep 27, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wake up. Life's not a dress rehearsal. Live each day as though you won't be around tomorrow - for you might not be.

Dress up. When you get up each morning don't forget to put on a good attitude; it'll determine the rest of your day! Life's like a piano; everything depends on how you play it. Only 10% is about what happens to you; the other 90% is about how you respond to it.

Shut up. You're not learning while you're talking! Listen: "He who guards his lips guards his [soul]" (Proverbs 13:3). You'll save yourself untold heartache, and impress others by listening, observing, and speaking only after you've thought things through.

Stand up. Establish your values and your vision according to God's Word - nothing else! Not everybody will agree, nonetheless: "Stand firm. Let nothing move you" (1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV).

Reach up. Paul says, "I keep trying to reach the goal and get the prize for which God called me" ( 3:14 NCV). Focus on your goals! Refuse to settle for less than God's highest and best.

Lift up. Max Lucado says, "Worship is a 'thank you' that refuses to be silenced; an act of gratitude offered by the saved to the Saviour, the healed to the Healer, and the blessed to the Blesser." So lift up your voice in praise today!

Look up. David said, "I will lift up mine eyes... my help cometh from the Lord." Know what? When you're at your weakest, God's at His strongest!

------------------------------

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was this yours? If not, any idea of who the original author was?

3. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don, as much as I'd like to take credit for this, I can't. I got it courtesy of a daily devotional called The Vine

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I printed that out in the Grif.Net in 1997 but can't remember its source. :confused:

Joy of the 'net is to use material and never know the original source. :(

5. David Mark

David Mark New Member

6. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Great Lesson [​IMG]