1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Shunning of the Amish

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Feb 7, 2014.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've had half a dozen puppy mills busted around here since the first of the year. Ain't a single one of them named Yoder. One feller had 60 dogs living in blue plastic barrels when it was hitting -25. His last name was Williams. It wouldn't be fair to categorize all Welshmen by the conduct of one.

Our Amish treat the land like it was made of glass. They are careful with the fields from plowing to plowing and everything in between. I watched them plowed a 10 acre field that, to the best of my knowledge, had never been plowed before. Took a team of six and a single bottom plow but he got it done. Every few furrows, he'd stop the team and check their hooves for stones and such. Kept the horses watered I knew his daughters were going to curry them when they got home.

Save me a couple jelly donuts.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Animals have no souls....you can do what you want with them. so they would never shun you for that. God forbid a woman wear makeup or wear an inappropriate dress or article of clothing not elder approved......YOUR OUT OF THERE!!!! Thats Bad Bad Bad.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably not pure Welsh....probably some degenerate mixture (suggest German or Irish). What was he drinking?

Also note that when the donuts go stale, we send them to the Hoboken mayor. But you have given me an idear.....send some to my pizan in Albany.....tee he he. Oh, Mary Pat!!!!!:smilewinkgrin:

4. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mario's kid?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that the guy who told all Conservatives in the Empire State to take a hike......Yea, thats da guy!:smilewinkgrin:

6. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    exactly!!!

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walter, Ive got a suggestion......why dont we just sneak into one of there encampments, and in the dark of night, cut off all their buttons......that will teach them. Ohhhhh wait. :laugh:

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well then, the Amish pretty much act like any other people group across this country act, one doesn't have to google "Amish" animal cruelty to find animal abuse out there. There are just as many non Amish twisted minds out there. Probably more. There are good people and bad people, matters not what religion is being practiced.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Far as puppy mills go, just like drugs, no buyers - no suppliers.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a much higher insidence with the Amish than any other group however.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its just not that easy....and if you saw all the carnage you might have a different prospective .....and its never ending. Something is really amiss with them.

I have a dear friend who is a Consertative Jewish Rabbi that I asked to take me through their laws of Kashrut/kosher traditions. Mu family were in the grocery business and they supplied and butchered their own animals for meat.

Bottom line the Orthodox Jews are taught to be humane to every living and breathing thing on the planet. Even when they kill something its done in such a way to negate pain and suffering.

Bottom line, they would never treat there animals the way ive seen many of these Amish treat their animal's.

12. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got yourself a bad batch of Amish. I'm surprised their Bishop allows behavior that puts the community in a bad light with the English. They are certainly not representative of all Amish.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Statistics don't lie brother nor do arrest records. The problem is its not a localized problem. I'm not supprised that Walter also came forward with his story. Now you got two bad batches. Is there a pattern here?

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And what can we Christians do to stop the carnage? Many Christians could care less about babies being brutally ripped apart limb by limb in their mother's wombs let alone care about the animals. They continue to cast their votes to representatives who proudly stand up for the murder of the most innocent, so I doubt they will care much about puppies, or maybe they will, some folks really get things messed up in their head. I wonder how many here will admit they vote for abortion through their representatives???

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For that matter, I wonder how many of those Jewish rabbis who are so concerned about a clean and humane kill on an animal support the party of abortion? Talk about twisted minds

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said they revere all life as precious. They would kill nothing if possible. My buddy Carl even gave up eating meat, so he certainly is not an advocate of abortion.

But if you want to look at hypocracy, isn't Joe Bidden and Nancy Peloci Roman Catholic and isn't Bill Clinton a Baptist?

17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly! Look at the statistics for the Jewish vote and see how often they vote for the party of abortion.

If all of the folks who call themselves Christian, and all the Jews refused to support abortion sided representatives we would not have a party which tows the line for the abortion industry. We would have two partys against abortion and we could focus on the debatable issues. But most of them vote their pocketbooks, especially the Jews and Catholics.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define Jews....the secular type? Certainly not the orthodox or conservative type! Lets look at that scum, Joe Bidden. He is supposedly a practicing Catholic?!? Right, then why did the RC bishop of Scranton ban "Plugs" from receiving the sacraments?

#38 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Secular type of course. Just as secular Catholics and secular Christians. But shouldn't placing the word "secular" in front of any of these create an oxymoron? The true Christian and true Jew should never be considered "secular".

Ps12:2 - "They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak".

Isa29:13 - "Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:"

Matt15:8 - "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the Jews however, its both a race issue and a religion.