1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The sinners prayer & Paul Washer

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, May 13, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reading Jerry Bridges last night he does not teach like this. He teaches that Christians do fail and do sin, but to trust in the Holy Spirit for the power to overcome sin. Bridges preaches on sin, but he offers a solution.

2. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul Washer makes no room for the Carnal Christian.

Although I understand what he preaches.

He's warning of false converts who have never found a place of saving faith and repentance.

that is what he's warning about.

3. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will know that they are my disciples by their love one for another. Some posts would not show that at all, now would they? Shades of Peter S Ruckman, putting down everyone that does not agree with me... :tonofbricks:

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

What does Ruckman have to do with this thread? Nothing.

Your post is the very thing you accuse others of, a smear tactic of those who do not agree with you. That is called being a hypocrite.

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

10 Whoever breaks one commandment is guilty of breaking them all. 11 For the same one who said, "Do not commit adultery," also said, "Do not commit murder." Even if you do not commit adultery, you have become a lawbreaker if you commit murder. 12 Speak and act as people who will be judged by the law that sets us free. 13 For God will not show mercy when he judges the person who has not been merciful; but mercy triumphs over judgment. 14 My friends, what good is it for one of you to say that you have faith if your actions do not prove it? Can that faith save you? 15 Suppose there are brothers or sisters who need clothes and don't have enough to eat. 16 What good is there in your saying to them, "God bless you! Keep warm and eat well!" - if you don't give them the necessities of life? 17 So it is with faith: if it is alone and includes no actions, then it is dead. 18 But someone will say, "One person has faith, another has actions." My answer is, "Show me how anyone can have faith without actions. I will show you my faith by my actions.

James 2:10-18

Wow, I know how this personally indicts me. I also think a number here in BB land should also let this scripture ferment in their hearts as well.

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I agree, very well said John.