1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The son of perdition

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by The Scribe, Jan 21, 2008.

1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (KJV)
    Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

John 17:12 (KJV)
    While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

The anti-christ will be Judas Iscariot reborn?

The Betrayer

Judas reborn

Judas Iscariot wikipedia

Son of perdition wikipedia

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Just as John the Baptist had the Spirit of Elijah, Judas' spirit will be upon the Antichrist. I'd say that this individual will have been an ardent worker in the Church much like that of Judas' position within the 12 disciples. Much like Elijah had worked out of the deserts of Israel so too did John the Baptist. IMO, I doubt that God will allow the first Son of perdition to be resurrected bodily. The only way that I could see that happening is if Judas is resurrected with the Church. Even with that said, didn't Jesus say that the Son of perdition was lost? However I do not see any indication that any of the lost will be resurrected with the Church. Besides all that, IMO, the Church will have to endure severe persecution from this man. That is to say that the Church will be resurrected will be after the Son of perdition is revealed.

3. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

The anti-christ is supposed to create his own church and people will worship him.

I don't see why Judas couldn't be used as the anti-christ, since the only times the son of perdition is used is to describe Judas and the anti-christ.

Revelation 11:3 (KJV)
    And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The two witnesses of Revelation are supposed to be two people from the Bible.
    Possibly Elijah and Enoch, who were miraculously "taken away" by God (2 Kings 2:11; Gen. 5:24; Heb. 11:5), will return from heaven to prophesy for 3 1/2 years. Others think that it will be Elijah (who stopped the rain in Israel for 3 1/2 years-I Kings 17:1; Jam. 5:17) and Moses (who turned water to blood and brought plagues on Egypt-Exo. 7-12) who will antagonize the Beast during the 42 months of his reign.

Two witnesses

So, why could they be use and not Judas? If satan is set free upon the earth at that time?

#3 The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  4. Joe

Joe New Member

“Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?“
    He spoke of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, for it was he who would betray Him, being one of the twelve (John 6:68-71.)

Ps. 41 is: “Even my close friend, whom I trusted, he who shared my bread, has lifted up his heel against me,”

Luke 22:3Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve.”

I don't believe Judas is the Anti-Christ

First verse -Jesus said one of his disciples is A devil. Not the devil
    Second Verse- Jesus trusted those that were his, I can't see him not knowing one of his disciples was Satan
    Third verse- Satan entered Judas. So Judas is not Satan (The Antichrist) but was possessed by him at one point

#4 Joe, Jan 22, 2008
  5. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I'm not trying to predict who will be the anti-christ. It just looks like Judas could be the anti-christ. Since the son of perdition is used to describe Judas and the anti-christ.

Revelation 13:3-5 (KJV)
    3: And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
    4: And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
    5: And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

So, the anti-christ is the son of satan, a prophet, who satan uses?

6. standingfirminChrist

The wicked dead in Revelation are not to rise again until one thousand years after the resurrection of the saints

I have to believe the Word of God. Judas is one of the 'wicked dead'. Judas will not rise until the time for the wicked dead to be judged.

I believe the anti-christ will be a lying spirit that is already in the world today, but has not yet made his presence known.

7. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

So, the anti-christ is a new creature, the son of satan?

A prophet of his father, who satan uses?

8. standingfirminChrist

We are not sure exactly who this anti-christ is. One thing we do know. He cannot be someone who in the past lived and died.

9. skypair

skypair Active Member

Can I tell you something that your question inspired in me? You know how the Holy Spirit "inhabits" God's word, 1Pet 1:23? You know how Judas' spirit "went to his place," Acts 1:25? Do you know how that, in the 5th trumpet, the spirits are released from the pit, Rev 9?

Think about it. Where is Judas "place" -- where did his spirit go? In the "bottomless pit." Where does the spirit of The AC come from? The bottomless pit, Rev 11:7, 9:2, 17:8. How does it get free? Rev 9:1. How does Judas spirit inhabit AC? The WORD/LIE of Satan brings the "resurrected" spirit of Judas into AC!!!

IMO, ALL the "possessing" spirits of ALL time are bound in the pit until the day of judgment, Jude 6, the TRIBULATION. Satan is merely "imitating" God by entering AC through his word. Think about this --- 2Thes 2 calls AC the "man of sin" before he is indwelt. It calls him the "son of perdition" AFTER he is indwelt (as I see it, at least).

This is a "lead" that Adrian Roger pursued from the exact link you name --- "son of perdition!" may even explain why possessing spirits are "bound" in the pit. Interesting!

Hoping to see some other comments

skypair

#9 skypair, Jan 22, 2008
  10. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Thanks, Skypair. It's interesting to find links in the scriptures.

I'm not trying to predict anything here. It just interesting to think about.

2 Timothy 2: 15 (KJV)
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I don't know much about him. It's a good thing those spirits are bound to the pit. ;)