1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Soul Who Sins Shall Die

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Jul 14, 2008.

1. skypair

skypair Active Member

Marcia, Web,

The only thing I can come up with at this point is this: If Christ didn't bear our "sin guilt" in His body, there is no need of Him dying and He never would have been "forsaken."

I can see the imputation of physical death through Adam, but not sin guilt (in our spirits) nor separation from god (of our souls). IOW, we DO get ourselves into the last 2 predicaments and get ourselves out, possibly out of physical death as well, if we believe on Christ.

But I guess that for those who don't distinguish between soul and spirit, what I assert could be unknowable. And y'all's explanation of "spiritual death" is kind of nebulous to me as well. :saint: And I guess from James post, the topic is pretty much the "third rail" of theology, "look but don't touch," eh? :laugh:

skypair