1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Spiritual Gift of Faith

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 22, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes one gets tired of Cal/Armin or evangelism debates over and over so this topic is one all christians could engage in. The Spiritual Gift of Faith is a gift that I do not have but my wife does and I see the difference, The book of James speaks about begin joyful in trials and I can imagine the gift of faith means that one will not get anxious or have lots of fear but will trust in God. How does the gift of faith look like to you, and if you have it explain how it works for you?

According to one website the gift of faith is defined.

Dr. Charles Stanley may also have this gift, as he spends much time in prayer, and seems to be in line with the gift.

Perhaps my lacking of the gift means that I do not trust God to change ones view of evangelism, view of theology when it is God whom does the changing and not me. People will not listen and I cannot change them. If I do not have this gift how can I get it? I believe it is the Holy Spirit that gives out the gifts, and I have never had this gift. Perhaps if I asked He may give it to me. However I may need to learn more about the gift from those other than MacArthur, Washer, and Comfort whom do not teach on this topic. I do not agree with Mark Driscoll in other areas, however he may have good things to say in some areas.

If you have this gift please explain how you handle things and give examples of the gift in action.