1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Stars

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by ryarn, Mar 13, 2013.

1. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Let's read Scripture:
    God created the LIGHT on Day one..day uno...day un....day einz...

God created the STARS on Day four...day quatro...day quatre....day veir....let's do it in "Belarusian" just for fun: day Чатыры

Day 1: Light
    Day 4: Star

How is this so hard to understand?

2. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is studied confusion....The earth doesn't appear "old"......it appears like it was once catastrophically destroyed by a massive and violent FLOOD....as the Scriptures already clearly state for us in Genesis...

And then....lest we STILL don't get it....re-itterates itself in:
    2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
    2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

The "World that then was"....perished

Or died, or:......well, I hope we all get it now.

1.)Pre-flood world
    2.)Post-flood world

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the world does not appear old? Lots of folks reject that absurd assertion. Say the OEC for one group.

God did create light on day one of the creation week. And God created the stars on day four of the creation week. Since folks disagree as to whether these were 24 hour days or indeterminate periods of time, that does not move the football.

The studied confusion was simply pointing out God did create the wine with apparent age. So the view has at least a basis in scripture. And it is taught in Baptist churches.

4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Oh, I like it. :)

5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe God did this to keep all of these intellectuals occupied on man made theories. Of course He knew it would strain there brains even more so they could come up with even more dumb theories. God does have a sense of Humor. I bet He's up there just laughing at them because we have men who actually doubt Him when He said He spoke it all into existence.
    Mystery only because they doubt God. I think it's interesting that science has had 6000 years to figure out what God has already told us and still they doubt Him.
    MB

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi MB, the mystery is spelled out in Job 38. To deny it is a mystery as to how God created everything is to deny scripture.

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeah, me too.