1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Statement of Faith

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Trying2DoRight, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trying2DoRight

Trying2DoRight New Member

This has already been refuted in post #16

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I never disallowed you; I simply gave you my opinion.

3. Trying2DoRight

Rebuttal:

What does this scripture prove?

Matthew, Chapter 16
    13:When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
    14:And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
    15:He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
    16:And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
    17:And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is no rebuttal at all:
    All Scripture is inspired including 1Cor.7:25. Understand what 2Tim.3:16 says.

5. Trying2DoRight

This has already been refuted.

Saying the same thing over and over to me does not change anything.

6. Trying2DoRight

Opinions in a debate are worthless and meaningless.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then why are you repeating yourself. You need to refute God, when he says in 2Tim.3:15, that "all scripture is inspired of God." You haven't done that yet.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is your opinion. Why did you post it?

9. Trying2DoRight

Posting any statement then assuming that it is the truth and should be counted as such in a debate by your opponent is absurd and worthless.... first you prove what you said as the truth IS THE TRUTH...then you
    can use it as the truth!

10. Trying2DoRight

Posting any statement then assuming that it is the truth and should be counted as such in a debate by your opponent is absurd and worthless.... first you prove what you said as the truth IS THE TRUTH...then you can use it as the truth!

11. Trying2DoRight

Posting any statement then assuming that it is the truth and should be counted as such in a debate by your opponent is absurd and worthless.... first you prove what you said as the truth IS THE TRUTH...then you can use it as the truth!

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Here are more scriptures that declare Jesus is God;

Titus 2:13 - Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Matthew 1:23 - Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

You sure have to deny a lot of scripture to deny that Jesus is God.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Christ is God. Christ said: "I am the truth." The Holy Spirit is God. God is the author of Scripture. We believe in the triune Godhead (Rom.1:18-20).
    If Jesus Christ is God then what he says he is true, and you accept it as truth.
    If Jesus Christ is not God, then he is the biggest liar, fake, deceiver that ever walked the face of this earth.

The choice is yours. Who is Jesus Christ. Choose one of the above.

14. Trying2DoRight

Taking a verse from the bible and then posting it and expecting your opponent in a debate to automatically agree that it proves you right and them wrong is absurd and worthless. When you post a verse...you first must prove that it is true WHAT YOU CLAIM the verse proves! Then you can use it as the truth

In a debate...only what can be proved is accepted as truth!
    Anything else is merely speculation!

I can easily point out that none of the verses say..."Jesus is God".

Which is true.

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, but Jesus is also the Father;

John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
    9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

16. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "I and the Father are one."
    John 10:30 NAS77

Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, 'Show us the Father'?
    John 14:9 NAS77

17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, so we are supposed to only believe YOUR interpretation of scripture?? I would say your game is rigged in your favor.

You can read, the scriptures clearly declare Jesus to be God over and over again. Your only defense is to DENY scripture. Not a winning argument.

18. Trying2DoRight

Rebuttal:

Now you are adding your own words...again.

No where in all the 66 books of the bible is it written..."Jesus is the Father".

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You won't answer will you?

20. Gib

Gib Active Member

In another thread you said I did not know the Lord, ultimately questioning my salvation. There is no way you can prove that IS THE TRUTH. So how were you able to use it as the truth? Please use scripture in your rebuttal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.