1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Stolen Vote

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Aug 13, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=21834

The Stolen Vote
    by Rep. John Boehner

EXCERPT

Seven months have passed since I handed the gavel to Nancy Pelosi, formally returning control of the House to Democrats for the first time in 12 years. In my remarks to the House that day, I offered a bit of advice to the members of the incoming majority. I told them:
    “A congressional majority is simply a means to an end. The value of a majority lies not in the chance to wield great power, but in the chance to use limited power to do great things.

“The [American] people don’t care which party controls it; what they want is a government that is limited, honest, accountable, and responsive to their needs. The moment a majority forgets this lesson, it begins writing itself a ticket to minority status.”

It didn’t take long, and there is no mistaking it: the Democrats’ ticket was punched last Thursday night when they stole the 215-213 vote on the Republican motion denying taxpayer benefits to illegal immigrants.

This vote was about far more than just arcane parliamentary process. It was an act I believe will eventually come to symbolize this majority and its myriad broken promises.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

This "most ethical" congress ever, is showing us citizens, that their words don't mean anything. It is their expression of intent that's meaningful, and what the constituency is to feel about them, all important. This is so far about the most do nothing congress yet.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Mr

The stolen votes really applies to those who voted for Democratic candidates for President in 2000 and 2004. Both elections were illegially stolen by the Republicans for their "super candidate" George Bush.

4. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

That's the mantra of the left for this decade. :laugh:

5. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Interesting that in their efforts to steel the elections, the democrats were successful in convincing so many gullible folks that the Republicans did it. The biggest band of leftist lawyers we've ever seen, converged on Florida, to no avail. :laugh: :godisgood:

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    just curious, what was the final vote count in Fla in 2000, and did that include ALL the absentee military votes?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not ALL.

Only the ones democrats were unsuccessful at getting thrown out.

Gore still lost.

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I didn't realize that there was anyone let who still had the nerve to repeat that.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was never a vote count - even months afterward - where Gore ever had a lead in Florida. Yes, the poorly designed ballots may have caused Gore to lose Florida but it was Democrats who designed the things in those counties most contested. Perhaps they shot their own party in the foot.

10. 2 Timothy2:1-4

what are you talking about?

11. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This statement flies in the face of all available facts.

I am astounded that anyone would make this claim, especially when a consortium of newspapers commissioned recounts after the 2000 election was decided and determined that GWB won the election according to every counting method proposed.

And the claims that the 2004 election was "stolen" are even weaker. Kerry can't even claim he won the raw (that is, the "popular") vote like Gore can legitimately claim.

Time to face reality.

12. 2 Timothy2:1-4

me thinks someone needs his medication:laugh:

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be confusin' the issue with silly things like facts.

14. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

We don't even know that Gore won the popular vote, because some states (rightly) don't count absentee ballots unless they can change the outcome of the voet. If I'm not mistaken, there were about 4 million absentee ballots that were not counted in states that Gore won heavily.

I doubt that the absentee ballots would have been heavily enough in favor of Bush to give him the popular vote as well, but we will never know, and it doesn't matter because it doesn't change the outcome of the legal vote.