1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Stomach Bug.....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Aug 25, 2009.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm home today after only 6 days of work! [​IMG]

It's the stomach bug. All I'll say about it is that - well - it ain't pleasant. It's already making the round at our school. I had two children out with it yesterday and now I have it.

I hope to go back tomorrow. My temp is only 99 right now.

Anyways - I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm telling you this so you will keep your hands washed and encourage your children to keep their hands washed.

An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but clean and disinfected hands will keep a lot worse things away.

2. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Sorry to hear you have the bug, Scarlett! My DIL is out with it, too. Bleck. I hope I don't get it, so I'm washing my hands constantly! Thanks for the reminder!!

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

I have some Raid if you think it will help :tongue3:

Get well soon :love2:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Funny story...my son got the bug a couple months ago. By chance, he ate rice right before "it hit". He now thinks there are bugs in rice that will make him puke, and NOTHING will change his mind. We have vehemently tried telling him the bug came from something he touched, not the rice. We even tried giving him one of those tasty Lipton flavored rice side dishes. He said "mom, it is going to make me throw up". We said it would not, gave him some...and with the mindset he was going to throw up firmly planted...he subsequently started gagging...and threw up. He said "I TOLD YOU SO!!" :laugh:

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Raid will keep me from getting it again, I'd use it as hair spray! :laugh:

Went back to work, stomach "rumbled" a bit, but I made it.

Funny story, Webdog!

Everyone keep their hands washed! :saint: