1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Tabernacle restored then the Temple

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Richard H Perry, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Richard H Perry

Richard H Perry New Member

The prophet alerted us that, “… the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets” (Amos 3:7). Therefore, we would be wise if we turn to the prophets such as Amos to determine what the Lord is about to do. Amos also wrote of an amazing thing that will happen.

In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (Amos 9:11)

The details of this prophecy indicate that the literal Tabernacle of David will be raised again, as in the days of old. Only God could foretell of such an event. David’s tabernacle has been missing for almost 2,600 years and God says it will be raised again.

What is David’s Tabernacle? Let’s read what is written about David’s Tabernacle.

After David had constructed buildings for himself in the City of David, he prepared a place for the ark of God and pitched a tent for it. Then David said, "No one but the Levites may carry the ark of God, because the LORD chose them to carry the ark of the LORD and to minister before him forever." David assembled all Israel in Jerusalem to bring up the ark of the LORD to the place he had prepared for it (1 Chronicles 15:1-3).

David’s Tabernacle was in Jerusalem. However, we also read that before David moved the Tabernacle to Jerusalem it was in the camp at Gilgal.

On the evening of the fourteenth day of the month, while camped at Gilgal on the plains of Jericho, the Israelites celebrated the Passover. The day after the Passover, that very day, they ate some of the produce of the land: unleavened bread and roasted grain (Joshua 5:10-11).

Gilgal was the place where Israel set up the Tabernacle after entering the Promised Land. The Tabernacle remained there for about fourteen years until King David had it moved. Therefore, from Scripture we can determine that the Tabernacle of David in the days of old, was set up in two locations, Gilgal and Jerusalem.

Since the Tabernacle of David will be raised as it was in days of old, where will it be raised? The prophet Hosea seems to answer the question for us in this passage.

"I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt; I will make you live in tents again, as in the days of your appointed feasts. I spoke to the prophets, gave them many visions and told parables through them." Is Gilead wicked? Its people are worthless! Do they sacrifice bulls in Gilgal? Their altars will be like piles of stones on a plowed field (Hosea 12:9-11).

From the prophets we read that the Tabernacle of David will be raised in Gilgal just as in the days of Israel’s appointed feasts. As we keep watch for these things to be fulfilled we would also be wise to search the scriptures to determine what else God is going to do.

Richard Perry
    www.lastdaysmystery.info

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

According to James the brother of our Lord this prophecy has been fulfilled:

Acts 16:1-18
    1. And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
    2. When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
    3. And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
    4. And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
    5. But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
    6.And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
    7. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
    8. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
    9. And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
    10. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
    11. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
    12. Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.
    13. And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
    14. Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
    15. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
    16. After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
    17. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
    18. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.
    [/i]

3. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Nah, you're both wrong, its fulfillment will be during the Millennium. Verse 15, "I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them, says the LORD your God.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You got it right, Old Regular. [​IMG]

We won't go wrong by allowing the Bible to interpret itself. [​IMG]

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Amen to that! :D

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Amazing how much Jesus andd the NT writers quoted the OT prophets. Too bad we don't allow them to interpret those verses for us.

Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of Jehovah come.

Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
    Mat 11:14 And if ye are willing to receive it, this is Elijah, that is to come

Mal 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers; lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall be turn unto the Lord their God.
    Luk 1:17 And he shall go before his face in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to walk in the wisdom of the just; to make ready for the Lord a people prepared for him.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent, Grasshopper. [​IMG]

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus is the last temple!