1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Temple of God !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 26, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

1 Cor 3:16

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

That word Temple also means Tabernacle of God, and its that Tabernacle prophesied of and fulfilled here Acts 15:14-16

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

Predicted from Amos 9:11

11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

It was also prophesied by Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

This is the Temple that the Greater David would build, that being Christ, who is also the Man whose Name is the Branch, the Son of David, the Head of the Body, the Church, and this Temple Christ alone, He shall bear the Glory Zech 6:13, This is also the Temple of God in 1 Cor 3:16 !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Temple of God !2

Also the Temple that the Man the Branch[The Man Christ Jesus] shall build , its also His Church that He promised to build Matt 16:18

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Thats the one who shall build the Temple Zech 6:12

And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

The Temple the Branch shall build and the Church He shall build are one and the same !

Is not the Temple of God and Church of God the same under the New Covenant ? Lets see, who is Paul speaking to here 1 Cor 3:16

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

And who is he speaking to here 1 Cor 1:1-2

Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

So is it reasonable to say that Paul speaks to the Church of God as also to the Temple of God at Corinth ?

Are not Christ's Church and Temple the very same ? What does the Holy Spirit call the Corinthian Believers here ? 1 Cor 1:2;10:32;12:28;15:9;2 Cor 1:1 ?

Now what does he call them here ? 1 Cor 3:16-17

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2 Cor 6:16

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

So the Temple of God of Zech 6:12-13

12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The Branch; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the Lord:

13 Even he shall build the temple of the Lord; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Is none other than the Church of God, the Body of Christ 1 Cor 3:16, and thats also who the Tabernacle of David is Acts 15:14-16; The building of the Temple of God entails the ingathering of God's Holy People from amongst the Gentiles ! Are not Believing Gentiles included in the Temple here 1 Cor 3:16 which is also the Church ?