1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The ten lost tribes of Israel

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bob Hope, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Your seriously going to post a picture of someone of Nordic descent and say he is a Jew? The Douris are of Assyrian descent. They have recorded history that shows they came from the Caucasian tribes of Eastern Central Europe. They are not Sephardic or Ashkenazi Jews by even the most wild imaginations. Your attempt to win this thread is either based in stupidity or deception. Keep trying.

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you explain why the father of those who are not of Israel has any relevance?

God bless.

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did I say that guy was Jewish? He's about as Jewish as he is Nordic.

Since you are confused about what I said, I'll repeat it. There are plenty of red hair natives throughout the Middle East. Red hair is not absent from the Semetic peoples.

4. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

The Semitic people's are presumed to be the Sephardic and Ashkenazi Jews by 99.9% of people's. There is not a single one of them that has red hair. Now if you understand who the true Shemites are, i.e. the Anglo Saxons, then I would agree that true Shemites have lots of red hair.

5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not even sure how to engage your post, because we would just about have to spend an hour or two agreeing on what terms to use to describe which people.

But where are you getting this that no European Jew has red hair? Read the history of the Inquisition in Spain, having red hair was a sure way to be classified as Jewish. The Dickens' character, the Jew Fagin, had red hair. If I post an example, will you just make excuses of why they don't count? I mean, I'll give it a try, here's an Ashkenazi Knesset member:

6. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Ashkenazi is a genetic marker. When you see people that look similar to yourself it is likely that you share a genetic ancestor. I'll admit it has become convoluted. Esau intermarried. Persians converted, and now they don't even trace their ancestry through the male line but the female line. The stereotypical Jew of the modern times has dark hair and a hook nose.
    image.jpg

Non the less, the traceable history of the northern kingdom is there for anyone to study. The ten tribes which made up the northern kingdom settled Europe. They became the Anglo Saxons, Jutes, Huns, Franks. The markers are everywhere.

Lastly, if your trying to make a point about a non-fiction it doesn't make a lot of sense to use fictional characters.

7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point of my fictional references was a historic association of red hair with Jews.

No comment on Stav, then? Any red haired Jew can't be a real Jew, right?

I guess we're done, then.

8. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

I suppose it depends if your question a racial one or religious one. Every reference made to Jews in the bible is a religious connotation.

9. vooks

vooks Active Member

you are right; I'm ignorant of pseudo-history. When it comes to scholarship, I want objective peer reviewed works not trashy tabloid gossiping

10. vooks

vooks Active Member

so why British and not Nordic?

11. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Call it what ever you want. The name is really inconsequential.

12. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

It's disappointing that people who claim to cherish the truth will suck down what ever poison the rulers of this world cook up.

13. vooks

vooks Active Member

It's disappointing when otherwise rational agents and benefactors of modern science and academia trash it because it won't stoop low enough to worship at the altar of their foolishness

UFOlogists equally believe the 'rulers of this world' have conspired to cover up alien bases on the moon and alien abductions

Black supremacists also believe the 'rulers of this world' conspired to rob the black man of his rich history and contributions to human advancement

And what is it with Elijah Mohammed and Patmos?

Chemtrails conspiracy theorists equally believe the 'rulers of this word' are busy poisoning them

@Bob Hope, unlike Adam who was alone, your nonsense is in good company

#53 vooks, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  14. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Modern science and academia....lol.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

It then becomes a question of the basis provided as a means of supporting the proposed truth.

God bless.

16. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

Christians should always approach worldly perspectives with caution.

17. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians should always reject worldly perspectives.

God bless.

18. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

So if the world decides to build an orphanage we should reject it?

The secular historians of the last hundred years have written history as directed. Any time a book of a countering view point is written, book sellers are forbidden to sell it. They are told by their distributors that if they choose to sell any book on the ban list they will be cut off from all book sales. Christians are nuts if they don't think they are controlled by media and government.

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Caring for orphans is not a worldly perspective, Bob, that is a Christian endeavor demanded of Christians, and even Old Testament believers.

Which is why the only history I consider to be trustworthy is that found in Scripture. That same worldly agenda you mention has scoffed at it for millennia.

And it is, in light of your OP, even more important for us not to overlook the History that is written in advance. Israel was careless in this matter, but we, having received His Spirit, and His revelation of that History...should not be.

God bless.

20. Bob Hope

Bob Hope Member

So no unsaved people want to take care of orphans? It's this kind of stupidity that draws people away from churches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.