1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Ten Virgins -5 were Foolish

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Claudia_T, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

DeafPost Trib,

I am going to go back today and re-read your posts and tell you how I view what you wrote, I enjoy reading what you say :)

But I have to wake up some more first.

Claudia

2. Dustin

Dustin New Member

Claudia, I got you beat. I NEVER WENT TO SLEEP. :laugh:

Well I dozed for about half an hour, but I wasn't asleep enough to wake up.

Oh well.

Oh yeah, go to the Name that Quote thread and take a few guesses.

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The Scripture doesn't say this. Why do you add to the Scripture? It is important not to add to the Scripture something that is not there. You don't get to "roll your own" on theology.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

you are making a big deal out of something that isnt.... the Bible says something about those who have washed their robes... just go with that.

people have already talked and been through the fact they dont actually have robes in the portrayal. we already know that.

It is just that a long time ago I had been doing some studying with some Christian friends about the parable of the Ten Virgins and we had discovered that when it talks about the wedding garment... everyone is supposed to have their wedding garment ON...

The followers of Christ are to "wait for their Lord, when he will return from the wedding." [LUKE 12:36.] But they are to understand his work, and to follow him by faith as he goes in before God. It is in this sense that they are said to go in to the marriage.

I just forgot that people here havent studied into all of that... IM SORRY!! okay already!

they are SUPPOSED to have their white robes on and lamps burning..

Luke 12:
    35: Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
    36: And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
    37: Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Mt:22:12: And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Mt:25:1: Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

#24 Claudia_T, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2007
  5. standingfirminChrist

It was stated earlier that
    While I agree the one professing Christ is to confess sin (all all should), I disagree that we sin every day.

There are times when one will go to convention that lasts for 3 days or sometimes more. That one may stay in every meeting with a sincere heart toward God, fully consumed in his own hunger to learn of Christ, taking captive any imaginations that are contrary to a sanctified walk with the Lord.

If indeed that one has done that, he or she has not sinned, but being in full submissive obedience to God is walking holy before the Lord.

It is possible to go without sinning for a day, or two, or maybe even more if we will fully submit to God.

Am I saying I don't sin? No. Somedays the battle with the flesh is great and I do find myself doing the very evil I would not.

#25 standingfirminChrist, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  6. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

It isn't a big deal to say something that Scripture doesn't say? Boy we live in a different world.

Perhaps had that been the point of the parable Christ would have said that. The fact that he didn't means it is not necessary to understand for this parable.

Perhaps you are bringing that into a passage that it does not exist in. Studying a passage means finding out what it says and what it means. It does not mean importing other things into it.

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Pastor Larry :)

we can see now that the parable of the ten virgins doesnt actually say they had white robes on.

thanks for reminding us again of that.

1Cor:2:13: Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

thats how I study the Bible but you are welcome to study it any way you see fit.

#27 Claudia_T, Jan 15, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2007
  8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

This is a verse about the divine origin of Scripture, not about adding to the word of God. This verse in its context refutes you adding your wisdom to the passage.

Actually, no one is welcome to study it as they see fit. They are to study it as God gave it, with the words conveying the meaning. You don't get to add to it because it sounds spiritual.

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

What you mean is that many people CLAIM to be Christians but aren't. Many make a profession without having a possession of Christ. One woman told me once when I asked her if she was a Christian, "Of course! I'm an American."

10. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Jon,

Thats really funny :)

Its true though some people think not only that but just because they are IN A CHURCH that somehow makes them a real Christian.