1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The term "Reformed"

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

This thread will be closed sometime after 1 am Pacific

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not suggest that it was. The Church is not 'salvational,' nor is baptism. It is the Gospel that is salvational and that is the basis of a true church. Without the Gospel at the centre there is no true church fellowship.
    Once again, the church at Corinth was deficient in various of its practices and in its order, but Paul affirmed it as a true church (1 Corinthians 1:4-9). The Galatian churches were in danger of becoming deficient in the Gospel and Paul accuses them of turning away from Christ (Galatians 1:6-10).

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not say you were.....however it is happening, and it is part of the reason that church overall is in a sorry state its in [in my neck of the wood]

statistically over 75% of the church goers out here are Roman Catholics. I have mentioned this before, so there has been a big push on to adapt churches to accommodate the RC folks---IE changing Baptist names so it doesn't reflect Baptist ways, eliminating doctrine, having multiple services ---similar to the Catholic mass, etc. (thanks Rick Warren). Consequently they are a mess theologically but economically they are doing great.

But they are not satisfying anyone's need for Christ.....there is no transformation moment, no strong commitment to Christ....its a manufactured suedo gathering place---no longer a church.

#143 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So where are the guardians of the church now....where is Paul warning the Galatians of foolishness? I guess its up to us and I SAY THAT WITH TREPIDATION! Thank the good Lord for people like Al Mohler who stand for something.

5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's happening here too. :Frown There are plenty of churches using 'Purpose Driven Church' stuff, and it works- if all you want to do is get people into your church and baptize them without worrying whether they're saved or not. And large numbers of Baptist and other churches are in full cooperation with the Roman Catholics and see nothing wrong with Roman doctrine. Next year is 500 years since the start of the Reformation and my church will make itself thoroughly unpopular by holding a series of meetings explaining why the Reformation was a good thing and why we need another.
    2 Timothy 4:1-5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.