1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The thief on the cross and Lot--Carnal Christians

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 19, 2015.

1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Either way, Washer takes joy in accusing, revealing his own heart is like Satans, dragging who he can down with him using doubt and strengthening unbelief.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This seem a bit Ironical to me.

3. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

True...I'm actually more offended (though I hate to use that particular word) by Washer's claims about professions of faith and evangelism that follows the Romans method. It reminds me, in a way, of a certain BB member who ignores certain scriptures in favor of their own closely-held doctrine, regardless how right or wrong that doctrine is.

We have to remember that, if one of our brethren is overtaken in a fault, it is incumbent on us to pick up our brother and help him, bearing one another's burdens, and fulfilling the law of Christ. Nowhere in that scripture do I see a command to question the salvation of someone who doesn't agree with every facet of your doctrine.

4. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair enough.

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The church asked for input and so I gave mine.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This one is a process and for another discussion. But frankly she will not submit in this one area. I can't force feed someone.

#26 evangelist6589, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  7. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

Doesn't LS point to a possible issue? What would Washer say about a wife who isn't willing to submit?

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Love is patient....love is kind....

I need grace and patience in this situation.

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Submission is voluntary. Love is patient.

He can't physically manhandle his wife and force her to attend a church that she does not want to attend.

Her attendance of that particular church does not prevent him from attending the church of his choice and conviction.

It isn't the ideal way, but it sure beats attending a church that you don't have anything in common with.

10. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I've seen several couples argue over church, with the man wanting to go to one church and the woman wanting to go to another. Instead of fighting about it, or arguing, or exercising dominion and authority over something like this, those couples I know have always compromised. I'm probably soon to go through it. I go to one church and my girlfriend goes to another church. Neither one of us is keen on moving our letters, so we'll be having that discussion at some point, I'm sure. Thankfully, both of our churches are quite similar in order, so we should, Lord willing, be alright.

11. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

You do realize I am giving the OP grief, right?

12. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am married. I also lead my family.

13. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems like we're off topic.

But...

...personally if I were placed in a similar situation, I'd demonstrate love and grace to my spouse and attend her church - unless there were some rather fundamental reasons why I shouldn't.

Rob

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The church holds to the essentials of the faith so I have no reason not to attend there. They are brothers it's just they are not Reformed in Soteriology and have their pet doctrines like music, bible translations, and alcohol. I disagree with them in several areas, but I have no biblical reason to leave there.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Imagine this.

Your wife gets ahold of John MacArthur, John Walvoord, and David Jeremiah eschatology books and starts to disagree with you. She insists you are wrong in eschatology and will argue with you over this one. What do you do?? No what would you do? Imagine you had no control over her getting the books.

You will either not respond or respond and say something like your wife would not read those books which is besides the point. Imagine if she did and was persuaded?

16. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

If I disagreed with those people, I would prove to my wife that they were wrong. And I would do it with the Bible, not with another book.

17. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

How does this man propose to teach or evangelize the lost when his own house is divided? I fear we are going to hear sad things from Evan in the future.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

They won't listen to your interpretation of the bible.

Look I love my wife and will support her.

PERIOD

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet from reading your posts here, I believe this is the scenario that has actually played out:

Your husband gets a hold of John MacArthur, John Piper, and R.C. Sproul soteriology books and starts to disagree with you. He insists you are wrong in your synergism soteriology and will argue with you over this one. What do you do?? No, what would you do? Imagine you had no control over him getting these books. He just keeps buying and buying them.

20. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I don't have to imagine, as my husband and I do disagree over eschatology. But guess what the church we go to, is one that supports his eschatology and I am fine with that as I respect my husband as the head of the household. Before we got married we talked about how we would handle our differences and I made it clear that when it came to children I would never contradict him and his eschatology in front of them. He would not have married me otherwise.

As I said you have abdicated your roll as spiritual leader. That is not a loving thing to do no matter how much you tell yourself otherwise. And really until you get your own house in order you are not qualified to tell others how to live their lives, or to try to change the church you are going to.