1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Truth Is....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Aug 17, 2007.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Found this in another forum I'm a member of.

Comments ?

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Wal, the first paragraph: "The inward man cannot sin..." is a misinterpretation of the scriptures cited. They don't mean that at all. II Cor 4:16 can be interpreted as meaning our fleshly bodies have aches and pains and infirmities and eventually will die. (As mine does). It can also refer to physical harm from persecution, in the midst of which our spirit is sustained and refreshed.

I John 3:9 simply means that believers do not make sin the practice of their lives.

It is true that God has punished all sin and will punish all sin. He punished his Son for the sins of believers. Unbelievers will pay the penalty for their own sins.

If one holds to a general atonement, the price has still been paid.

Thus it is true that no sin goes unpunished, regardless of what you believe about the extent of the atonement.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I heard the late, great Dr. Adrian Rogers say

"You can't go out and sow your wild oats then come to church the next Sunday and pray for crop failure!!!"