1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Two-Door Gospel of John Hagee

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Feb 2, 2010.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in the states there are multitudes of non-christians that believe the same thing.

2. AnotherBaptist

AnotherBaptist New Member

Tom. Respectfully. If you seriously believe that Hagee's stance towards the Jews is "another gospel" or "heresy", then please tell me what you think about this:

This isn't Adolph Hitler. It's Martin Luther. Do you believe he was a heretic?

Link to Above

Calling Hagee a heretic is over-reacting. As I said in my earlier post, Paul's identification of unsaved Jews as "enemies of the gospel" lays the foundation for anti-semitism among Christians. It varies in degrees.

3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's inevitable. The charge of anti-semitism, whether direct or subtle, will ALWAYS be brought up. That is the Zionists' (Jew or Christian) most effective tool for preventing any indepth discussion of Israel. ANY criticism of Israel, or the Jews, will eventually bring down the charge of anti-semitism........

.........and it appears to me you're subtley implying that criticism of Hagee is anti-semitic. Has it really gone that far?

#23 kyredneck, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
  4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Aaron posted...

Not a christian. :tonofbricks: :BangHead:

You amaze me sometimes, Aaron.

Whether the topic be evangelical teachers like Hagee, contemporary christian music, or any number of other topics, you seem to unfailingly "speak" :type: before your mind is engaged.

And the results are almost always stunning.

5. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really not see the difference? As horrible, callous, and despicable as Luther's words were - and I have come across worse - it is not concerning the Gospel. What a person says about the Jews is not part of the Gospel message. What one says about Christ and faith in Him, and the way of salvation - or the hint of other ways of salvation, as JH does - is part of the Gospel message.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What You Can't Say
    http://www.paulgraham.com/say.html

.....and, we should all be alarmed at the idea of 'hate speech' laws to enforce taboos.

#26 kyredneck, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
  7. AnotherBaptist

Again, you missed my point. There was NO Gospel for the Jews in Luther's eyes. His position was FAR worse than you say Hagee's is. One of the remarks which you posted was obviously Hagee describing the faithful (which Hagee related to the Torah) Remnant which gets Saved when Jesus Returns. Yet you described it as another Gospel. It isn't. The same Savior which Saved you and me will Save them.

Anyone can turn anyone else's words into heresy. Unlike you, I've never been one to throw the word around. If I am not permitted to judge someone's eternal state by just looking at them, then I'll also let God judge another Christian's words, just as He said He will. I won't defend what Hagee says because I didn't say it. But a heretic?

#27 AnotherBaptist, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
  8. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is irrelevant - for this discussion - what was in Luther's eyes, in his mind, in his heart. These are all beyond the scope of judgment. Rather it is his (and Hagee's) words that is the basis for my word "heresy". And, yes, I do regret that I used the word "heretic". Let me change that to "heresy". That puts the focus on the teaching and not the man.

BTW, calling a man a heretic - something I have rarely done - does not consign him to hell in my judgment. Scriptural admonition is to warn such a person once or twice. The charitable assumption is the hope for repentance. That is mine for Hagee.

But what he preaches right now is heresy.

You have no scripture for this.
    I quoted scripture against this.
    You haven't responded to that scripture.
    Unadvisedly using the word on one occasion does not constitute "throwing around". I was careless on this occasion, I admit. Apparently you are more careful and circumspect. You will get your reward.

Ah, but you are defending what he says. And, yes, you are - and I am - not only permitted, but required to judge the words (teaching) of Christian teachers. I can already think of about 5 passages that warrant this. Shall I post them? There are two types of judging, one is required for us to exercise, the other is not.

#28 asterisktom, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
  9. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

When Jesus Christ returns there will be no chance for redemption only Judgment at the Great White Throne!

10. AnotherBaptist

We are close to agreeing. Once Jesus has returned, you are right. Everyone who has ever been Saved will be on the earth and all that remains in regards to resurrection or judgment is the GWT.

11. AnotherBaptist

I'm new here, but one thing I have learned about you Tom is that you will believe what you want, even if it means assuming things about others. I am no fan of Hagee's.

You're welcome to post whatever Scripture you want. I'm sure I have heard of them, wherever they may be in the Bible. :)

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Does that mean your Christ is yourself, since you are apparently a god that can know the heart of others?