1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Unborn Deplorables

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Benjamin, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hillary's disgusting view on abortion.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the video is not as deplorable as is Clinton's stand for killing children in their mother's womb.

To be a U.S. Citizen you have to meet certain requirements. IAW the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, people become citizens at birth or they become citizens after birth. In other words, children are not citizens before they are born.

So citizenship is not really the issue. The next issue is whether or not non-citizens have constitutional rights in the U.S. If non-citizens do not have constitutional rights in our country then neither do unborn children and Clinton is correct. If, however, non-citizens do have constitutional rights then the issue becomes whether or not these non-citizen unborn children are “persons”. I believe they are. As Clinton also supports constitutional protection for non-citizens, apparently Clinton rejects these children as persons.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One in the same isn't it? Hillary is "simply" justifying these actions...

Personally, I will never buy the argument that citizenship or not somehow justifies abortion.

True, the comparison regarding citizenship is not the issue, it is a cheap and disgusting way to justify the action of abortion by saying they (the unborn in our country) have no rights to life.

There is nothing correct or true in Hillary's argument. Again, I give absolutely NO credit to this argument of citizenship as a means to justify keeping away the rights of the unborn. Even if I allowed such an argument based on constitutional rights the comparison fails miserably! First, for Hillary, the Globalist, to even go there is rooted in hypocrisy and second, but certainly not least HOW THE HECK does one having constitutional rights or not EVER JUSTIFY the murder of that "PERSON"?! ...Citizenship is NOT the issue and bringing up this issue in the matter is not only a very weak argument but is a DISGUSTING DEFENSE of the action.

Yet, Clinton calls them "persons without constitutional rights" so how does she reject them as persons while she clearly calls them "persons"??? Hillary could not hold true to even one premise in this disgusting argument she tries to make as a leader to support the murder of unborn children in this country OF OURS.!..

It is so time for us to take our country back from such leadership such as this and give someone else, "anyone", a chance to work on righting this terrible wrong

#3 Benjamin, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. There is no justification for murdering babies, and there never will. I think the better argument is one of Scripture. Even if the constitution permitted murdering children it would be no better (brings to mind Jeremiah 19:4-5 … the people forsake God, they have filled the place with the blood of innocents and have built high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings).

I mentioned constitutional rights because that was what Clinton spoke of in the video. If non-citizens are not afforded rights under the constitution then the unborn have no constitutional rights. There are many who seem to think that non-citizens within our boarder have no constitutionally protected rights. Clinton, however, has supported constitutional rights for non-citizens. That does leave the person issue. I don’t think (regardless of her speeches) that she believes these children to be persons or anything of value. She is deplorable.

But if we are talking candidates and not platforms, then there is no real choice. Scripture speaks so much of sexual immorality, fornication, adultery, etc. that there is no real defense for his actions. In fact, if it were not for sexual immorality abortion really would not be such a wide spread problem in our nation. Think of it. Donald Trump made his fortunes (and continues to support) enterprises that encourage those behaviors that directly link him to abortion as well. Trump will not right the terrible wrong of murdering children. He will continue to support it indirectly in the form of businesses that promote sexual immorality.

That’s why I think we have to look to platforms and not persons. The Democrat platform is evil. The Republican platform is not (some may argue intent or “logical” outcomes of policies….but it is not the same).