1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The unjust steward

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by vermae, Feb 7, 2006.

1. vermae

vermae New Member

In Luke chap.16 verse 1-12 there is a story about a crafty manager .To top it off the person he stole goods from praises him for being a good steward.can you explain to me why this was put in the bible and what lesson it was meant to teach us? :confused:

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This guy was crafty alright...and he was representative of all that that is wrong with this world.

Why is this parable in the bible?

Verse 9 is the key.

Jesus did not say to live like this man in an unrighteous manner.

But he DID say to use your wits and be just as shrewd in this terrible old world. Except to be smart and shrew for what is good.

God doesn't want us to be stupid Christians. Just simply wandering around singing that stupid tune from Barney the purple dinsaur, "I love you, you love me, we're a great big family...."

God knows that we are in a place that is not our home and that evil is all around us. He wants us to use our brains in the same manner as this crafy manager....but to use our common sense and shrewdness for righteousness' sake.

Peace-
    Scarlett O.
    <><

3. vermae

vermae New Member

Thankyou for your reply.You make a lot of sense.