1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The unpopular (but deadly) truth of conditional salvation

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, Oct 29, 2013.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [​IMG]

This was snapped at my Holy Spirit baptism. Brother Darrel and his brother Darrel got a big kick out of them baptizing me face first instead of the usual back first method. As you can see, the mud puddle was a bit shallow. Didn't stop the Holy Spirit though from lighting me on fire!!!!

2. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Making fun of the most precious baptism with the Holy Spirit.

I'm done with you, bud.

Can't stand my posting of spiritual Truths ... so you attack me, and attack Jesus' baptism also!

You're a big phony ... and you're also in big trouble.

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Aaaaawwwwwwweeeeee, where did ole ROFLEE go???

Mom!! I was picking on God's children and one of them picked back!! [​IMG]

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Bro, seriously I stand with you on your stance against his works salvation false gospel, but your previous post where he rebukes you is spot on. That was ridiculous, and I believe you know this. :praying:

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Om my Lord! You can't be serious?? :laugh:

He has been posting ole ROLFee for weeks making fun of people and when he gets a little back you guys get all serious and pious here??

When I read his last post I just had to [​IMG]

6. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

This was to go in the recently closed thread, entitled:
    "The NT insists you must obey Jesus to gain eternal life!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you … “love the LORD your God with all your heart,
    with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength”,
    then … “His commandments are not burdensome”.

Don’t forget, Jesus said: “If you love Me, keep My commandments”

Ref: Mark 12:30, 1 John 5:3, John 14:15
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Come on! This guy has been using ridicule of other positions since he has been on this forum. If he can't take it then don't dish it out.

8. preacher4truth

I was speaking of the photo at the top which isn't really poking fun at a position at all by appearance. It doesn't seem to be directed at him or a position by face value, THAT Is my problem with it as it mocks the HS as well. Hey, if you like it and what it says that's on you.

9. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Yes, he likes it because he agrees with some false doctrines, which of course, begin with Satan.

Most especially, 2 very major and disastrous false doctrines from many years ago
    and carried on through the many centuries: cessationism and OSAS.

(However, is anyone's doctrinal belief-set 100% perfect?)

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It does not mock the Holy Spirit by me. Tempting God by messing with snakes and chanting and dancing around is NOT of the Holy Spirit. If anyone is mocking the Holy Spirit it would be the guy in the photo.

The photo and my comments made a point to E7, that is, anyone can take the word of God and twist it into a false doctrine and practice. He demands proof that I have received the Holy Spirit baptism by me giving him a verses of scripture. As all here can see, except for maybe BR, he claims to have this special extra H.S. baptism and yet he preaches an antichrist doctrine of faith plus works for justification. And he ask me for proof?? Really now.

11. preacher4truth

Nonsense. Although I don't like the mocking spirit of his post, he is right on his OSAS stance. I called him on his post and stand by it.

Preservation of saints is Biblical. Whatever we called it after that doesn't matter.

To use candor and honesty, your doctrine is a works based formula and is condemned by Scripture. We all have some areas of fault, but yours lies in the most critical area and is frankly a false Gospel.

12. preacher4truth

It's not just the photo bro, it's the words you've used. But I digress, I stand with you on OSAS and I believe we can agree to disagree and remain friends in Christ.

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand, I was making fun of the men, but not the Holy Spirit. What you see in those photos is not of God.

Of course :thumbsup: but you have to admit, the bit about my baptism was funny :laugh: I laugh every time I look at that picture, can't help it. I had some more follow up bits ready, but he got mad so I let him alone. Honestly, I really expected him to just give me a "ha, ha, very funny" remark, since it seemed he loved to be humorous with everyone in his postings and giving us the ole ROLFee over and over, calling us kinder garden kids and all. Oh well. God speed to ya!

14. thisnumbersdisconnected

He uses those as insults, so he makes the assumption that you are insulting him. One man's humor is another man's saw-toothed knife.

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am almost positive there is a post around here some place that is on topic.

When Christ and the Apostles preached a warning message to the Jewish nation - they could not be bothered with warning - and settled only on "we are the chosen people of God - God will never forsake us"

"He came to His OWN and His OWN received Him not" John 1

Paul says we cannot afford to follow in their shoes.

Romans 11

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
    21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
    22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
    23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

16. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Posted by a BAC elsewhere ...

I'm amazed at how so many people instantly hear e-7’s argument as an argument for a works based salvation.
    This happens because the church has been so utterly indoctrinated with this doctrine of salvation that says
    salvation is so utterly gracious and unmerited that you can continue in your sins and still expect to be saved on the
    Day of Judgment. In effect turning the grace of God into a license to sin. The exact thing the Bible warns us not to do.

The issue is about being a slave to the sin we will have to deal with to the end of our lives. Paul says slavery to sin is the result of purposely choosing to live in sin, effectively rejecting the forgiveness of God. He also says slaves have no part
    in the inheritance. It's important to see that perfection is not what e-7 is advocating. A mindset fastened on Christ is what
    he is advocating. That means rushing back to the forgiveness of God in Christ when we fail, and not accepting our failures
    as 'that's just the way it is in this life' and continue along in that sin, not seeking the forgiveness of God, and thinking that somehow the grace of God covers it anyway. For the sincere Christian that might mean seeking that forgiveness and repenting of the sinful behavior more than one time in one day. Perfection is simply not the argument here.
    But that is how the argument is instantly heard by the church today.

#76 evangelist-7, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  17. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If there is a misconception of a position then maybe the fault lies with the preacher and not with the hearer. Especially when one clearly states over and over that he believes one is justified by grace plus works. What other conclusion can be made???

18. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In 2Cor 5:10 God says "We must ALL stand before the Judgment seat of Christ" and be rewarded for "deeds done in the body - be they good or evil"

Rom 6:23 says the wages of evil deeds done in the body is the 2nd death.

Romans 2:6-16 that in the future day of judgment the deeds of the individual point out the fact that the Matt 7 tree is either good or bad.

in Christ,

Bob

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I beginning to think that you may be outside the central teaching of the SDA church on this issue of justification, or else your church is divided on this point. I mentioned in another thread, you might have missed it...

He was pretty passionate that deeds will play no part in the believers salvation. Do you know this man?

20. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was trained and schooled in Assemblies of God, was an Elder in that church almost a decade, and from the bible, can tell you that ALL saved receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, as the Lord Himself said to us that he, the Holy Spirit, will caome and "baptize" all saved into Body of Christ, and ALL have same 'amount" of the Spirit!

ALL have the same "amount" of Him in all of us, question is does he have all of us?

I rejected your charasmatic chaos due to it being based upon fale revealtions, and based upon "mind science" and cultic infuences, and NOT based upon the sure foundation of the Bible!