1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Vatican rails against the Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Ben W, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Vatican rails against 'Da Vinci Code'

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 at 07:44 JST
    ROME — The Catholic Church has come out swinging against "The Da Vinci Code," dismissing as a collection of "shameful and unfounded lies" the worldwide bestseller about the Vatican suppressing the fact that Jesus had a child.

"Don't read it, and above all, don't even buy 'The Da Vinci Code,'" Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, former deputy head of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Doctrine of the Faith, told Vatican radio on Tuesday.

http://snipurl.com/dgi4

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is not really surprising given the God-stature they give to Mary the wife of Joseph and at one time a virgin (at least at the time of the birth of Christ). They focus on errors with Mary mother of the Messiah, and The Da Vinci Code promotes errors regarding "another Mary".

I doubt anyone will be tortured or peoples-slaughtered for not believing in the myths and errors introduced about Mary magdalene.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Your preception of the RCC is indeed skewed Bob. You think the reason they are against this filthy book is because of Mary?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No - I am just arguing that historically those who rejected the RC errors regarding Mary - got tortured.

Those today who easily reject the myths and fables of the Da Vinci Code's Mary will not.

The RCC has its own agenda for error and its own Mary to promote.

In Christ,

Bob

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Having said that - I do appreciate the fact that all Christian denominations see clearly the foibles, flaws, gaffs blantant blunders of the Da Vinci Code.

It is encouraging that the author's transparent agenda can actually be seen by almost every Christian denomination.

I applaud the RCC for seeing that along with the rest of the Christian world.

In Christ,

Bob