1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The victimization of Ron Paul supporters

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by 2 Timothy2:1-4, Oct 25, 2007.

1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

I thought liberal Democrats had the inside tract to living in a world of victimization. However it seems the supporters of Ronnie have taken this to a level of their own. If you look out throught that great world wide web what you will find is that these supporters are crying out over their perceived notions of disenfranchisement as well as victims of fascism and neocon control methods.

Sites like Prison Planet and infowars , bloggers like the Richmond Democrat and motherjones, which are just a few are all crying foul over perceived attempts to hide and disenfranchise the support of Ronnie. To continue the victimization of themselves they cry out against perceived attempts by those they label as neocons and the rich to take over the world and remove all of their freedoms. As a result every move made by large Corporations and government are seen with a paranoia mindset that drives them to the visceral rhetoric that Ronnie supporters are so very well known for across the world wide web.

In short they are convinced if you are a Ronnie supporter the rest of the world is out to shut you down, steal all you have, and put you into bondage.

CNBC, Yahoo, and My Space are just a few of the organizations who are currently being accused of stifling Ronnie supporters. What they fail to realize or most likely refuse to admit to is that their rhetoric and hatred filled attitudes to anyone who opposes them is what is resisted not Ron Paul himself. I would hate to live in their world where they are victimized on every corner. They seem to have no where to run to. Only to come out fighting against a ghost.

#1 2 Timothy2:1-4, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2007
  2. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Pot thy name is Marijuana. Most every group complains about perceived biases. The difference is, when conservatives are slandered/ignored/whatever you don't mind someone defending them. In fact, talk radio hosts make a lucrative living bashing biases against them and their types, so this griping about unfair treatment is by no means exclusive to we lbtns. The primary difference between Rush and libertarian outlets is that he has a broader audience to complain to therefore softening the effects of media bias against Republicans.

#2 Ivon Denosovich, Oct 25, 2007
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the most part it is not Ron Paul the man that is being supported(he is not photogenic like Romney nor a great speaker like Reagan was) but rather Ron Paul the vessel into which those of us who want a change to the political status quo direction in Washington are pouring our hopes and dreams. This explains the great variety of different folks who disagree on lots of the particulars of various issues but come together in their support of Ron Paul.

This makes Ron Paul an excellent fusion candidate.

I think this explains their anger when they perceive that they are being unfairly(in their eyes) shut out of the online debates as they see the opposition as supporting the status quo in Washington.

Personally, since a private organization can decide who to allow to post on their websites it really doesn't bother me as a Ron Paul supporter. Being banned probably just makes Ron Paul supporters donate that much more money to his campaign which will probably have another banner fund raising quarter in the 4th quarter of 2007 - even better than the 3rd quarter.

#3 KenH, Oct 25, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that it is the standard song and dance of the Libertarian Party that the media ignores them. I saw an interview with the Libertarian candidate for Mayor of Indianapolis--our election is November 6 this year--and they allowed him a closing statement of whatever he wished to say.

Not having much to say, Libertarian candidate Fred Peterson, said that the media were ignoring him and ignoring his questions to the media about why they were ignoring him. He actually said that during a morning Fox News Broadcast. And they then wonder why they lose and never reach double digits in their percentage of voters.

http://indylp.org/fredpeterson.aspx

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone outside of the two major parties is pretty much ignored unless he/she has a bunch of their own money to put into a campaign.

I was just thinking last night that if the Arkansas Libertarian Party achieved ballot status for offices below the presidency next year that it might be sort of fun to run for Congress from the 4th Congressional District. :)

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You've plum forgotten what the founders of this country were trying to tell you all those years ago haven't ya? Let me refresh your memory a bit... centralized power is a threat to liberty, and an open invitation to tyranny. Why do you reject their wisdom and despise the founding principles of this nation so anyways?

Also sites like prison planet and infowars are doing something besides gripping about how much someone else is gripping. They're making a difference and thats what really put the burr under your saddle here isn't it?

#6 poncho, Oct 25, 2007
  7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is a neo-Christian?

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

A post 9/11 Christian. We'll compromise our principles and readily accept things now that we never would have before that date.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

The difference they are making adds up to false conspriacies and whining about disenfranchisement when there is none. But what bothers you is I'm right.

#9 2 Timothy2:1-4, Oct 25, 2007
  10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Some Paul supporters believe there is a conspiracy for everything: 9/11, the debates being skewed towards their candidate, Paul's lackluster showing in polls, Paul's garnering negative reaction at the debates, etc, etc. Not all, but some. Some, like Ken and some others, are reasonable and thoughtful. But some are just flat out kooks. And the fact that they cringe when called names seconds after they call others names and use labels is a little ironic.

That said, there are kooks supporting every candidate. But when you believe in conspiratorial theories (virtually as a worldview), we shouldn't be shocked to see that people turn the theories on themselves.

I still believe it's like the old pond frogs on the farm. There's only a few, but it sounds like you're overrun with them. Paulites are well organized and the machinery is working well. I hope the negative pub that these supporters give Paul doesn't detract from the few good points that Paul has made and needs to make. And his supporters should not be surprised when his flaws are pointed out (Ken has been fairly good and honest at this point).