1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The virgin birth and the miracles of Jesus

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Sir Ed, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

2. GraceSaves

GraceSaves New Member

Godmetal,

I would love to try a one-on-one debate about the LCMS and Catholic doctrinal differences. Would you be willing to work something out with me?

3. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

To be honest I can't guarantee the time for it. Especially if the answer requires a lot of background research. I have had the unusual luxury that of late there have been threads I can respond to with out much research necessary. I am a student so time is a luxury. I know some people on the board would be surprised to find out just how closely related to the rcc the Lutheran's are.

4. Gloria1

Gloria1 New Member

I take objection to that and we are as far removed from each other as heaven and hell.

5. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Since you seem to be no way in connection with reality I will take your objection with a minute grain of salt.

6. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

7. Mrs C

Mrs C New Member

I take objection to that and we are as far removed from each other as heaven and hell.</font>[/QUOTE]Actually - it is true. Lutherans are not so far removed from the RCC as they sometimes like to believe or pretend they are.

I know that as a Luther converting to Catholicism I have very few things that I must "relearn" and many of the doctrines that prove problematic for many other Protestants are for Lutherans more a matter of a shift in perspective rather than learning a wholly new doctrinal stance.

Are you implying (since your profile says "Catholic?") that Lutherans are "Hell" and Catholics are "Heaven"?

Just curious,

Carole

8. Mrs C

Mrs C New Member

Please show me where Luther wrote, using the verse you always use, about the Papacy. Yes, Luther believed that the Pope was the antiChrist, but you refer to what the WELS believes about that. You have never quoted Luther himself. Try going to the source, Mary.</font>[/QUOTE]Grace,

She has at some point admitted that she has not read the confessional documents of Lutheran church. It is doubtful that she will be able to discuss Luther's stance on any particular issue beyond, of course, cutting and pasting what has already been written at the WELS site.

It is, after all, easier to simply use what others have done before you and accept it at face value than to actually do the research yourself.

Carole

9. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

10. Sir Ed

Sir Ed New Member

I'm still waiting for the apology from you for lying.
    Thank you for saying that. I would have never known it based on your previous posts.
    I'm still waiting to actually here you back up this statement. The liberals in the ELCA are very open about their objectives, unlike your posts and the WELS website.
    Thank you.
    Unfortunately, the only thing I and others on this board have learned from you is how to bear false witness and misconstrue the truth. I can't thank you for that.
    First, you haven't really upset me. You have made me sad. Secondly, I don't think "friends" is a possibility while you still have this hatred brewing in you, but you are a sister in Christ and for that I love you.

I would also be more than happy to point out the flaws in your little theory about the Joint Declaration, but that is for another thread. How many times have you now tried to change the subject of this thread away from your lies about the virgin birth and to something else?

Peace be with you and with us all.

[ March 22, 2002, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Sir Ed ]

11. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

12. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just as an aside here, my name appears in a whole lot of tulpje's posts. Just to clear the record, my advice to her has been to stop insulting people, act with humility and Christian charity, be willing to back her statements, if she doesn't like what is being said to not click the link, and finally that she should adhere to the third rule on the entry page, "Since, your opinions will be challenged, if you can not handle it, please stay out."

It is certainly not just you folks who have received her insults. Just wanted you to know.

I have further informed her that this thread is a call for accountability. She may not read it that way, but I do see that intent.

Clint Kritzer
    Moderator and Member

13. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

14. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

15. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

16. Sir Ed

Sir Ed New Member

1. No they are not. What the Dogmatic's book appears to be saying is that Christ's crucifixion is a historical reality, a supernatural event, a spiritual story to nourish our souls and so much more. 2. Who is they? You really need to think more critically.

1. No he is not. The word "only" doesn't appear in that quote. You added it to create a lie to make your point. In fact, if you could read, the quote actually says it was much more than just a historical eventto the witnesses. 2. Who is Braatan and how and in what capacity does he speak for the ELCA? Answer that question since you are proposing that he does speak for the ELCA.

[ March 22, 2002, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Sir Ed ]

17. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

18. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]

19. Sir Ed

Sir Ed New Member

You aren't going to answer my questions are you? You are just going to continue to cut and paste while giving no website to check and giving no context. How sad and how illegal.

I am reading what little of the text you have provided objectively. Either you cannot read very well or you reading it with the sole purpose of attacking your former denomination. How pitiful.

[ March 22, 2002, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Sir Ed ]

20. tulpje

tulpje Guest

[ March 22, 2002, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: tulpje ]