1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Walls of Jericho

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Tom Butler, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

My wife was going through some things belonging to her late mother, and found some jokes she had written down many years ago. Here's one:

The pastor dropped in to visit a little boys' Sunday School class. He asked them a question: "Who tore down the walls of Jericho?"

One of the boys said, "Well, I didn't do it."

The pastor asked the teacher if that was the boy's usual conduct. The teacher answered, "I've know the boy a long time. I believe him to be honest. If he says he didn't do it, I don't believe he did."

The pastor then went to a deacon and told him what happened. The deacon said, "I've known that teacher and the boy for a long time, and I believe them to be honest. If they say he didn't do it, I believe them."

In desperation the pastor went to the chairman of the House and Grounds Committee and told him the story.

"Well," he said, "I know them all and I believe we'd better just go ahead and pay for the damage to the wall and forget about it."