1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The war has been won against KJVO?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Daniel David, Jun 27, 2004.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Daniel,

For what it's worth, one of the Godliest men I've ever known was a deacon in my church named Lacy.

I, too, rejoice in that there seems to be a good spirit about this. Our fight is against Satan, not other people who are redeemed and love to proclaim it (Haven't heard that hymn in an awful long time).

Pastor Bob, you cracked me up with the "termite in a wooden yo-yo" line. I gotta use that sometime! :D

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Hey I already recanted. I made a mistake. It should have read "Almost-any-version-I-like-onlyism" (AAVILO) :D

Love Lacy

BTW, Thanks for all the nice comments. I wouldn't hang out here if I didn't love you guys. (In a manly way, Daniel David! :eek: ) Sometimes when your getting your sword sharpened, the metal gets a little hot but it's very much worth it.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Lacy,
    No problem. Hope I didn't sound harsh or that you were beating a dead horse, becuase you absolutely weren't and I wasn't trying to either.

4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Tom,

It doesn't bother me at all Brother. I know where folks stand and I pretty much know that most are entrenched in their position (myself included), and it wouldn't be any fun at all if we couldn't poke fun of each other a little!

Lacy

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So please, no one be offended if I call ya "Bro"-unless you're female!

6. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.

7. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Pastor Bob, have you had a chance to examine some of the things that have been said?

8. Acts 1:8

Acts 1:8 New Member

9. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    The rejection of the KJVO tradition has zero, zilch, nada to do with the "Laodicean Period"; however, belief in a translation translated by theologically errant biased scholars (Anglicans), superceding the Originals is a class all by itself.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all talk about the KJVO's using double standards, yet you are the very one's doing this. You brought it up about the anglican translators, and another brought up the Latin Vulgate, and in REALITY AND TRUTH THE MODERN VERSIONS ARE FROM APOSTATES (and corrupt texts - rejected by the churches, and Erasmus had access to them and did not use them, nor did he solely use the Latin Vulgate as you all like many to believe just because you believe the LIES THAT ARE TOLD about him), who denied the bodily resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in their beliefs, and also believed in evolution, and also ALLOWED AND DESIRED a UNITARIAN to be on the editing committee of the the 1881 translation (OF GODS HOLY WORDS), and were also involved in SECRET SOCIETIES to which no SAVED person would EVER be involved in. Please find for me, one ounce of information that the KJB translators themselves believed these very things, to which are very HERETICAL! Even if they did, it most assuredly did not affect the translation, as their translation methods were LITERAL TRANSLATION and critisism where it was necessary from the correct texts, as these were the texts preserved by God within the churches, unlike that of the Alexandrian manuscripts. God's word is living in the churches, not dead in the churches. Unlike the KJB translators, Westcott and Hort were Rationalists, and approached translation in a VERY DIFFERENT MANNER, which gave them more freedom - LIBERALISM IN TRANSLATION. Oh yes, Westcott and Hort's own heretical beliefs were mirrored in the texts they used, to which is why they so very much liked them, did what they did. They despised the KJB, and they did because they were HERETICS AND APOSTATE. They saw those corrupt texts as the means by which they could CHANGE the truth in God's words in the KJB and those things they didn't like, nor agree with in the TRUTH. THIS IS THE TRUTH, YET YOU CONTINUE TO KEEP YOURSELF BLIND FROM THIS TRUTH and excuse them away, claiming others are not understanding these men and their beliefs properly. Oh, I only have to read their quotes, enouph to know what it is they believe, as they were also living a lifestyle, not that of SAVED MEN. Their text shows EVIDENCE OF THEIR HERETICAL BELIEFS. They (Westcott and Hort, among many others involved in the modern versions) were/are wolves in sheep clothing that our precious Lord warns us of. In the United Bibles Society is a Catholic Cardinal, and you then have right to claim double standards, just because the KJB translators were Anglican and Erasmus was Roman Catholic! YOU WILL NOT FIND SUCH THINGS/BELIEFS with the men who translated the KJB, nor from Erasmus, or any others previous to the KJB concerning that text stream, because these were men of faith in Jesus Christ, (Yes, even King James himself seemed to be saved) regardless of their ignorance concerning baptism. In fact, one does not NEED to be water baptized AT ALL TO BE SAVED. Have you forgotten how you are saved? Does one only need to be Baptist, and a member of a Baptist church to be saved? Does one have to be IMMERSED IN WATER to be saved? Is that the requirement that the Lord has laid down for salvation? Did not the puritans, come to this country and then persecute others themselves? Oh, my how you all like to tear down God's words because of all these irrelevant things to this issue. It is however, quite appropriate to JUDGE RIGHTEOUSLY those men Westcott and Hort, based upon their methods they used and believed to translate, and because they were using manuscripts that were lost and stagnant from the churches and rejected by earlier scholars, should be cause for our examination and judgement - it is futile NOT TO. This alone, should be enouph for you all to see, but because you have believed the lies, that the KJB is difficult to read and understand, you fall for this nonsense and brings you into doubting the power and promise of God Almighty concerning his very words, and as a result, <accusation of members partaking in sin snipped>

And I have news for you also, we most assuredly are living in the last days, and therefore, we ARE IN THE LAODACIEAN CHURCH AGE! Lacy was right on with that statement of truth. How do we know? WE watch and observe according to the scriptures, and have been given understanding and discernment from the Lord. What do the scriptures say of the last days? Do you see the great apostacy occuring before your eyes? If you do not, maybe, it is because you are one of those who are in that state? Or maybe you are keeping your eyes shut real tight, and keeping your fingers stuck in your ears. The Lord commands us to watch and be sober. The day of the Lord could come at ANY MOMENT. We are to be prepared, and on the watch, and working diligently until HE COMES.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

[ July 27, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Evidence please.

11. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

C4K,

You can read from the horse's mouth here.

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kinginde.htm

I can't say it is proof because only God knows his heart. But how many pagan kings sit sround and study the Bible? And write commentaries?

Lacy

From his commentary on Rev. 20:7-10

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I missed the link to his commentaries Bro Lacy.

Are they on that site above?

I have to doubt the credibility of the site since it is on a hyper-KJV site. Sorry :( .

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is quite an improvement michelle.

Although I see that an ad hominem had to be snipped from your previous note.

Congratulations that you are now dealing with the facts (apart from that one slip) although you were a little rough on W&H.

If you are not familiar with the name John Burgon, here is a website. His books have been reprinted and are inexpensive.

http://www.deanburgonsociety.org/whowasdb.htm

In the final analysis IMO, the MVs are useful because they are (for the most part) in the "vernacular".
    I use several in my own studies but always revert back to the TR when a word is missing or there is a variant.

Have you forgotten that the KJV translators themselves said that even the worst (meanest) translation IS the Word of God and that the proliferation of translations is a good thing in determining the "sense of the Scriptures"?

The Greek text of the Traditional Text is "koine" or "common". This was the will of God that the Word of God should go out to the world in a common language easy to be understood. This is true of the NKJV but not so much the 1769 version.

HankD

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I too am impressed that michelle has begun to present logical points to support her point of view - [​IMG]

15. michelle

michelle New Member

If you are not familiar with the name John Burgon, here is a website. His books have been reprinted and are inexpensive.

http://www.deanburgonsociety.org/whowasdb.htm

Thank you Hank for the link. I will check it out. I have heard of him, and read some of what he has said, and written, but not yet any of his books.

I don't find the KJB difficult in understanding, and from what I have read in other versions, I find the other versions, not only wanting, but more difficult in understanding. I disagree with the KJB translators opinions also. I believe that we will not only be able to recognize God's words as a believer, but that we will KNOW IT WITHOUT DOUBT, and that we do not NEED other versions for our understanding, but the Holy Spirit of TRUTH for our better understanding. The focus today among christians, seems to be advising others to look to other versions first and formost for their better understanding, than what should be advised: Go before the Lord in prayer and fasting, and he will give you understanding.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

16. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wooops... You spoke too soon.

17. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I guess it is not actually a "commentary" but rather a "meditation".

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjreve2b.htm

It seems like these sources should be easily confirmed or refuted. They either are or aren't historical writings.

Lacy

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have found 2 principles in the Word of God that gaurantee understanding:

Proverbs 1:23
    Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.

James 1:5
    If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

We must not only ask for wisdom but turn at His reproof
    (but you already knew that [​IMG] ).

HankD

19. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

So you are saying that you agree with the pedobaptists who translated the KJV and then it was revised several times because it wasn't good enough.

Michelle I failed to see where you answered my question where I asked you to give us what you consider the critical Greek text.

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I guess it is not actually a "commentary" but rather a "meditation".

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjreve2b.htm

It seems like these sources should be easily confirmed or refuted. They either are or aren't historical writings.

Lacy
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks for the posts and link - they have given me food for thought