1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Washington State Huskies need a coach

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Plain Old Bill, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

any ideas who is available?

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would look to the coordinators of other successful programs as a typical begining. But there is a fella down the road at Boise State that has done a wonderful job in a difficult place. That would be the first phone call I would make.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW University of Washington are the Huskies (Seattle area) ; Washington State University (Pullman) are the Cougars. It is University of Washington that is in need of a coach.

4. Plain Old Bill

I know that. I did'nt say univerty anything.Most folkds around here in Wahington referr to the Huskies as either the Huskies or Washington sate Huskies.
    BTW the Cougars beat the Huskies in the Apple Cup game this year. A game which always aggravates me.I am a fan of both teams and just want the best team to represent the state in the best bowl.

The coach at Boise State would be a magnificent choice I think. You are right on.

5. Plain Old Bill

Gee my computer can't spell and keeps repeating itself.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Utah coach would probably think it a "downward" move - like a trip to Illinois.

Washington State will get the leftovers from the BIG programs (like in Florida) that are searching.

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There was a time when U of W had Sonny Six Killer as their quarterback and had a great team.

8. Plain Old Bill

Dr. Bob,
    There was a time not so long ago when the Huskies ruled the PAC-10 and were a continual national power. That day will come again.As for Utah, to each his own for a place to live.Sorta like Clinger on MASH, what made Toledo such a great place is that's where he was from.
    Personally when I am near salt water I want to go fishing for salmon,halibut,& cod,with a little crabbing going on while I'm fishing.

9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Illinois has no excuse for not having a great program, but that hasn't changed the fact that they only every once in a while do they actually have a good team. Michigan, Ohio State, Norte Dame and now Purdue take all the good recuits leaving Illinois with very little. If I am a hot coach looking to make a move from a mid-major, Illinios is not a place I would be jumping to go.

10. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    University of Washington would be a great place to go as a coach. Good major conference, PAC-10, good history of winning and the beautiful area of Seattle to bring kids to see and live. I love the Apple Cup game, the urban school against the rural school, what could be better! Great rivalry!

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Washington and Illinois are both good schools, but they do not have the pay/perk scale of other schools in their own conferences. In understand it is like 200k LESS at Ill than Wisconsin or Michigan.

Tell me GREAT coaches are not looking at the bottom line financially as well as the school, program, players, potential.