1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Way International

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by North Carolina Tentmaker, Aug 25, 2008.

1. North Carolina Tentmaker

In the sports forum I linked to an article about a football player who is a follower of this group based in Ohio.

While he witness seems bold and his scripture solid there are some warning signs to me in this article about this non denominational group.

Is anyone here familiar with them?

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Thanks for the link.

As a GT fan (and Michael Johnson fan), some red-flags popped up in my head when I read about him yesterday being associated with the Way International. I pray that through the contacts with believers on the FB team he'll learn more accurately (to say the least) the Word of Truth.

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

Thanks, wow.

The Zoo was awesome when I was there. Do they still serve lunch?

5. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

This is a cult that denies the deity of Christ.

I was at a booth at a county fair back in '97 (my booth was a ministry both to draw New Agers and Neopagans), and a man and several women walked by a few times, then stopped at my booth. The man asked me about homosexuality first (interesting that a lot of cults are very rabidly against this - of course, I think it's wrong - but they are rabid about it with a lot of hatred). Then he asked me who Jesus was.

I asked them what church they were with and at first, they would not answer, just saying they were Christians. But there was something "off" and I had a bad feeling. When I said who Jesus was, they pointed to the verse about the only mediator between God and man was the "man, Jesus Christ." They said he was just a man, not God.

I asked them again who they were and the man finally said, the Way International. It just so happened I had read an article on them the week before, so I knew who they were.

The man started yelling at me (I am not kidding - people at other booths were staring) and I could not speak, but was praying silently. Suddenly, I said in a sort of joking way, "Help, help, members of a cult are attacking me." This got them to stop and they left, throwing hateful looks at me. It was very intense and I was shaking all over (I had been a believer less than 7 yrs at this point).

When the man was yelling at me, I had a vision of a wolf with saliva foaming at its mouth (not a real vision but this is just what came to mind). This was my first real understanding of the evil behind cults, and how Satan is at their root.

I really experienced the hatred of Christ and the gospel through that encounter and I've never forgotten it. It's proved helpful in my ministry to remember this.

Good article on this group from a Christian cult awareness ministry:
    http://www.watchman.org/profile/waypro.htm

#5 Marcia, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008