1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Way of the Master moment episode Who do you serve?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Sep 23, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not Noah or Jeremiah. :)

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

If that's what helps you sleep at night. I call it being a good steward of my time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I just got through viewing two videos by Ray Comfort on Creation versus Evolution and I would like you to tell me specifically why you think he is "ignornant" or proof that he is a "complete idiot"??????

4. Sapper Woody

I didn't say he was ignorant, or a complete idiot. I said he "sounded" that way. I'd have to find the video again, as it's been few months now, but the way he presented the evidence of creation in the video I viewed was easily refutable, included strawman arguments, and lots of non-germane arguments.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He is an evangelist not a scientist. Should you expect him to speak like a scientist? I agree that he needs to do some study in secualr areas as I listened to one of his debates with Atheist over the existence of God and failed to provide a sufficient answer to some questions. However, his video on Creation versus Evolution I thought was brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sapper Woody

If he is going to speak with authority on something, I expect him to at least sound plausible.

Maybe his scripted ideas are plausible. This video was on a show he did, unscripted. And he sounded bizarre. He used the song "Moonlight Sonata" as proof that the moon had it's own light. Literally.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh boy.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

8. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan does raise a fair point here.

here's an example, a large reason about why I got saved was because I had a friend that did drugs with me... and then would read the bible and preach to me...while we were high on drugs... he would invite me to church and I ended up getting saved. God used this carnal believer and his witness on drugs to save me.... but I promise you this, God was not happy with his method, even though God used it.

Just because something produces results, that does not mean it is pleasing to God.

9. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Exactly. Well said.

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think he does. There is no question that we witness because we are obeying God's command, but obedience brings blessing. God's word does not return void. Bread cast upon the waters returns to you again. And Spirit filled preaching bears fruit, and brings forth, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

• Like Like x 1