1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Weight of Scripture

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by PreachTony, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea I understand and the problem is raised when you say "more applicable".

I do not see that as being supported by scripture.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Egad, Egad you say! No wonder they ran you out of Bloody Breathitt. I am still surprised they let you stay in Kentucky.

I would have expected that from any Ivy Leaguer on the BB but a kyredneck?

3. OldRegular

You don't believe the Holy Spirit will guide the believer today, assuming he/she are willing to listen.

God keeps eternally all those he has chosen to Salvation in Jesus Christ!

4. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm talking about the scriptures, not doctrines. In the case of Christ not losing any, scripture specifically says it was fulfilled, and had/has nothing to do with you or me

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sheesh OR, never mind.

Dad burn OR, never mind.

Dagnabit OR, never mind.

6. OldRegular

I am talking about Scripture:

Romans 8:14-17
    14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    15. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
    16. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
    17. And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Leadership of the Holy Spirit and Eternal Security for all believers in one passage! And then:

1 John 2:24-27
    24. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.
    25. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.
    26. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
    27. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

7. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    II Timothy 3:16 "ALL scripture is inspired..."

This includes all of the Old and New Testaments thus all scripture is equally weighted

#47 Marooncat79, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  8. OldRegular

You ain't never going to get back to Bloody Breathitt talking that way. I read on the internet them people plumb civilized now!

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

One time, OR & KYR stumbled upon each other in the hills of ole Kaintuck. KYR had two o'possums in a burlap sack. KYR asked, "What yew got in that there burrrr-lap sack?" OR said, "some o'possums". KYR then asked, "how many of'em ins there?" KYR then said, "if'n yew can guess how many izz in there, I'll give yew both of'm." KYR said, "shoot, that's like shootin' fish in a barrell. Five!!" Sadly, KYR bowed his head and handed over the sack of o'possums.

I kid, I kid!! I was raised in eastern-Ky, so I know, and speak, the vernacular...

10. OldRegular

It is obvious where you were raised. You couldn't keep strait which one had the sack!

11. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Separate and Equal? The intended audience, along with the specific, mandatory imperative requirements is the key. We do not "argue" one against the other.

Understanding scripture is through the Ministry of the Holy Spirit. He reveals to us the Spiritual interpretation and application of scripture in a historical-grammatical context, not in some mystical manner, but in normative word and grammar usage. Any other interpretation will produce results that God did not intend. God speaks to we Christians Spiritually, and we respond in word, thought and deed. If we "drop out" into our ever-present sinful nature, then the words, thoughts and deeds will be our own, not His. There is no room for soulish (mind-mental-will-emotions-flesh) in our appreciation and application of the ministry God has given to each of us. Non-Christians cannot comprehend that. See 1 Corinthians 2:14. Christians are identified in 2:15-16.

God does not speak to us today through Moses, the Apostles, or advocates of the application of scripture which is totally intended for the Hebrew folk as a nation, a religious, structured organization, not for individual Christians, or those individuals who are being approached by the Holy Spirit to receive Jesus as Savior. The design, if you will, for the Hebrew folk was for them to be redeemed through acceptance of Jesus as the Christ, their Messiah. That is the message of Matthew, expounded upon in Mark and Luke. That is not the same as everyone on earth receiving Jesus as Savior by Grace through Faith. Hebrews (Jews) were that from birth; their "acceptance" was automatic. Abram called them as a people group, following God's instructions. They could depart from the Jewish religion and be eternally separated from God, or they could repent (be redeemed by God and restored).

Christianity is not a religion, it is a personal relationship with Jesus as Savior, from which one can never be separated. The difference is something that far too many of us do not understand. Far too many persons today are left confused, or are participating in a doctrine supplied by man, boldly merging the Hebrew Bible, Matthew-Mark-Luke, portions of John, and the first 8 chapters of Acts with the Grace revealed to Saul, who became the Apostle Paul (not the 13th apostle, btw) for everyone! Everyone! Only believe! Grace through Faith!

Yea!

:applause::applause::applause:

#51 Getting it Right, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  12. OldRegular

I agree that Christianity is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I have noted on this BB numerous times that Salvation as a supernatural event and alsoi that God saves people one at a time.

That being said a personal relationship with Jesus Christ also involves a set of beliefs and an obedient lifestyle. Accordingly Christianity fits well the definition of religion.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

@OR....

Oopsy....