1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Whiskey Rebellion

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Stratiotes, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Stratiotes

Stratiotes New Member

2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

If the government would start taxing crystal meth in our area, they could pay off the national debt.

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Very interesting Stratiotes, there was a Rum Rebellion in early Australia.....

4. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

So, tell me, why is there very few non-alcoholic sections in most sports arenas? Do those beer companies who run ads during let's say, the Super Bowl, have to send a significant portion of their profits to organizations such as MADD or AlAnon?

If it was good for the tobacco industry (and it IS good!), why is it NOT good to require the same of the alcoholic beverage industry?

Last time I checked, there seems to have been a lot more innocent lives snuffed out by DUI drivers than by smokers.

If it's not good for "underage" people, why is it somehow good for a person whose only redeeming factor is that he/she was born before a certain date on the calendar?

If someone can explain the logic to that, I'll offer him/her my next toast!!! (The kind that you put butter on, that is.)