1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The wife is to fear (phobew) her husband (Ephesians 5:33)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Olivencia, May 27, 2009.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

donnA, we are in perfect agreement for once.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know why I "fear" my husband? Because I love him and I know that he will have to answer to the Lord Jesus Christ for how he loved me and how he fathered his children. HE is the responsible one and I want to help him through his role as much as I can so that I can stand there and hear Jesus say to him "well done".

I love my husband. I respect him so much and think he's one of the greatest men around. I am not afraid of him because I know that he would give his life for me and our children. There is no need to fear.

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann says:
    That's because love casts out fear.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.​

HankD​

#43 HankD, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

so this is appropriate behavior by a wife in your opinion, since you posted it, it seems so.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

questioning the salvation of another board memebr is against BB rules.
    I suspect we shall soon see 'banned' under someones name if the behavior such is on this thread continues.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I just hope he doesn't get banned before he answers my question from the other thread, the one where he says that wives must call their husbands "master".

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, it is not appropriate behavior. It was to drive home a point. You seem to draw lots of conclusions without looking at the context. Since my guess is that I have been happily married lots longer than you, I think I have a good grasp how to be married.

Had you read the post above that, you would have seen that I said over and over again, a solid marriage requires mutual love and respect.

My personal opinion is that you ought to read the entire thread and think before you post.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Well, since you are not a moderator, that is not your decision, is it?

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is a great post. You have a gift for expressing thoughts.