1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Will of God in the Fall of Man II

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by percho, Apr 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. A question needs a question mark. That is what makes it a question.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uhhhhhh...95% of his postings fall under this category.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Brotherjoseph said "but if He did not will that Adam sin, but knew he would before He made him and God also knew in advance that Adam's sinning would result in the Father having to crucify His Son, then why on earth did God make Adam in the manner He did knowing in advance that # 1-Adam would not perform the way He intended Him to and #2 that in so doing it would cost Him the death of His Son ? That sounds like a very flawed and even deranged creator or engineer to me. Lets think about this for a second from a rational point of view, I think we both would agree no man would make or design something knowing in advance what he was making or designing wouldn't end up working the way he wanted it to, thus why do you believe God would do such a folly and illogical thing in relation to how he created Adam? Such a belief is ridiculous and nonsensical."

So let's break this down,
    if God did not will Adam to sin, is his first point, now he started by saying that "I agree God foreknew Adam would sin," but then there is the contradiction. He then said if God knew that man was flawed then "That sounds like a very flawed and even deranged creator or engineer to me." So God was either surprised by Adam sinning, yet He foreknew He would. Now let's look closer at this, "I think we both would agree no man would make or design something knowing in advance what he was making or designing wouldn't end up working the way he wanted it to," So now we see he compares God to human thinking not to a Divine Omniscient God, "why do you believe God would do such a folly and illogical thing in relation to how he created Adam? Such a belief is ridiculous and nonsensical. God has a plan and purpose for everything He does it is His Divine purpose. We cannot look through human understanding at the things God performs. Brotherjoseph ask, "why do you believe God would do such a folly and illogical thing in relation to how he created Adam." Why is it nonsensical? That would be a question we see from a person as Paul describes in 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." We know brotherjoseph is not a natural man but his thinking here seems to be like one. Man in His nature says why would God do this or that if He is God. As believers we need to say God has a plan and purpose and acts in ways man cannot understand. In human thinking why would God save any of us? Yet by Grace God made the provision, in human thinking it is okay to hate our neighbor but God says to Love or enemies and our neighbors, that goes against all human logic, but God doesn't deal in human logic, does HE? God doesn't think like mortal men no God has a plan and purpose for everything He does and in knowing beforehand that Adam would fall God made the plan of Salvation before the earth was even formed, why for His purpose and plan, to show that He operates out of Grace and Love toward all mankind. We see Christ mission, Matthew 9:13 "{But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Sinners are to come to repentance that come to Christ, God in His infinite wisdom and knowledge would have sinners come to Christ. Who are sinners? Mark 2:17 "When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Who did Jesus come to call, the sinners and who are the sinners. Adam was righteous until he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, then He became a sinner and Jesus came for the salvation of sinners. God in knowing Adam would sin created Him and at the same time had a plan for Adam and all mankind to become right again, that was by Faith in the Savior who was promised. The Savior who was foreordained to come and when did God foreordain His coming before the foundation of the world. God knew and created Adam anyway why to accomplish His plan and purpose. What is His plan and purpose? To show Grace to all who will believe. That is His unmerited and undeserved favor upon all and for all who will believe.

4. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The name of this thread is:

The Will of God in the Fall of Man II

Either stick to the discussion of the OP or I will close this thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due to the refusal of a poster to follow rules this thread is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.