1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Will of God

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by David Mark, Aug 27, 2003.

1. David Mark

David Mark New Member

1Th 5:18 in everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus to you-ward.

You are the only folks I have shared this with.

I put this scripture into practice the other day for a little disaster at home. Something happened at home that would have ruined my evening 6 months ago. Instead I chose to deliberately thank God for it and through it, then I proceeded to clean up the mess.

You know what? It was a wonderful thing.

As I reflected on the whole thing, I realized that I had a choice, but my choice was easy and I found it much more distasteful to choose to be faithless.

Just sharing that the word of God is true and works for me, even in mundane, subtle and simple things.

Dave. [​IMG]

2. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Along this same theme, I mentioned to the Lord a few weeks before this event. I asked Him if he was tiring of me thanking him for the silliest little things all the time.

I haven't heard him say no yet.

I am very silly aren't I?

Dave. [​IMG]

3. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Along this same theme, I mentioned to the Lord a few weeks before this event. I asked Him if he was tiring of me thanking him for the silliest little things all the time.

I haven't heard him say that I was bothering him with my thankfulness. ;)

I am very silly aren't I?

Dave. [​IMG]

4. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Oops! A double post. How embarassing.

Thank you Lord. See what I mean? I can't stop...

Silly me.

Dave.

5. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

This is a great attitude to have. We should as children of God give thanks to God for everything that happens in our lives. Besides, it could be worse.