1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Word became Flesh and dwelt among us ( Jn 1:14)

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's resolve the differences one by one.

Do you believe that Jesus came in the sinful flesh as someone interprets Romans 8:3 saying God sent His Son in the sinful flesh?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree - the Word became flesh. Why is there no need for the Bible to say that God spoke the flesh into being?

Never said it did. A mother does nothing to build a baby other than have intercourse. Since Mary was a virgin, she did nothing to grow that baby that was in her. A baby grows solely by the hand of God.

I'm sorry but an egg doesn't have "parts" - a part for the brain, a part for the heart, a part for the nose. It's a single cell! That's just silly.

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask God how He could wear the flesh when He visited Abraham. Did He use another Egg at that time? How do you think He showed up in the flesh ?
    It is not necessary for God to say " Let the flesh be here" though there could be such saying. That is not an issue.

If you can believe that God can grow the baby only from an Egg, He can grow a Flesh out of Word too! because There was the life in the Word.

The Cell Egg after fertilization with the sperm becomes a human Embryo and evolves into multi cells and eventually becomes the body consisting of head, heart, legs, hands, etc. Otherwise, if the Egg remains as egg itself all the time, why do you imagine there should have been an Egg of Mary ?
    If you didn't know that the half of the head, hand, leg, body genes came from the egg, it must have been SILLY ( The words like to the source, please understand!)

At the end, the people who claim the Biological Motherhood may be partly goddess worshippers, or someone who believe that Jesus offered His sinful flesh to God, or who do not know how the human life begins, or who never knew that God appeared in flesh even during OT times, or who do not believe that Jesus lived and worked during the OT times, or who cannot believe that God created the Universe by Words.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Was the flesh of Jesus in the Old Testament the same flesh that He had when He came to die? Do you have the Scripture for that?

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no explanation for that in the Bible.

But we know that Jesus identified Himself as the same person who was anticipated by Abraham, and that he eventually saw His days. (Jn 8:56-8)

We know God is One and Jesus is God, and God appeared to Abraham in flesh ( Genesis 18:1-15) Moreover, Jehovah appeared with 2 Malacks ( Theopanic Angels) who had the authority to judge Sodom and Gomorrah ( Gn 19:13) and we know Only God can judge and punish the people like that as we read Jude 5-7. The Malack appeared to Jacob and He said " I am God" ( Gn 31:13) and He wrestled with Jacob ( Gn 32:24-30) and Jacob confessed he saw God face to face. Then the Malack was called Wonderful ( Judges 13:18) and Manoah confessed that he saw God and would die. All the time the same Malack appeared in flesh and worked for the redemption too. Therefore Jacob confessed that the Malack redeemed him from all the evil ( Gn 48:16)

You may not know how much and how often the Malack appeared during OT times. The Malack is translated as an Angel in most Bibles, but He is a special Angel and often called " God" The Malack is the one who stopped Abraham from killing his son Isaac ( Gn 22)
    The Malack is the Pre-Incarnate Jesus Christ, I have no doubt about it. He was called the Arm of Jehovah too. He was shown to Abraham as Melchizedek with the Bread and Wine, which symbolize the Lord Supper after the Victory of Jesus Christ at the Cross.
    You may believe or disbelieve it, there are lots of things that you may not know.

#45 Eliyahu, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  6. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day; 2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground, 3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant: 4 Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree: 5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said. 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it. 8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat. 9 And they said unto him, Where is Sarah thy wife? And he said, Behold, in the tent. 10 And he said, I will certainly return unto thee according to the time of life; and, lo, Sarah thy wife shall have a son. And Sarah heard it in the tent door, which was behind him. 11 Now Abraham and Sarah were old and well stricken in age; and it ceased to be with Sarah after the manner of women. 12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also? 13 And the LORD said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old? 14 Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son. 15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.

The reason why 3 men appeared might be because God appeared in Trinity.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Was that flesh that Jesus possessed at that time regular human flesh?

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Genesis 18: 1-
    Jehovah, the God appeared with 2 Malacks and 3 of them ate the food, bread, calf meat, butter, and had the feet washed, took the rest and spoke with Sarah. Would they have been different from other human beings? We were formed in the likeness of God too.

The same Malack wrestled with Jacob, and Manoah wanted to offer him the meal as well.

To God nothing is impossible.

To discern this matter quicker,

Do you believe that Jesus came in the sinful flesh?

Read Romans 8:3 and answer my question.

Did God send His Son in the sinful flesh?

or in the sinless flesh?

If you answer my question, the gap will be narrowed greatly.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Jesus did not come in sinful flesh because He is sinless. However, He came in a human body that was "corruptable" - in other words, able to die.

What I'm asking about the Old Testament manifestations of Jesus, was He in a human body at that time? Was He in a body that could hurt or die?

10. standingfirminChrist

Jesus' body was not corruptible. Scripture states that God would not allow Him to see corruption. If His body was corruptible, He would have seen corruption.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not ready to make microbiology arguments about the incarnation from a text that does not address microbiology at all.

Mary is often called the mother of Jesus but never the mother of God or as we see of false gods in Jer 7 "The Queen of Heaven".

No question that Jesus did NOT have the unfallen - human nature of Adam -- he had the same human nature as Mary - but the sinless spiritual nature of Adam.

in Christ,

Bob

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So we're back to docetism, then; Jesus only appeared to have flesh like ours. Same old, same old....

Romans 1:3 - Who as to the flesh was descended from David". Now, please one of you 'no-eggers' answer me this: If Jesus did not inherit DNA from His mother, how could this verse be true? According to the 'no-eggers', Rom 1:3 is a lie.

#52 Matt Black, Jan 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  13. standingfirminChrist

You apparently don't know what docetism means.

14. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

Saying that Jesus' only appeared to be human as we are human is Docetism.

15. standingfirminChrist

I have always said Jesus appeared in a flesh body. But it was a body God prepared. Not one as a product of an egg.

16. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

That's just the thing: if his body was not like ours then he only appeared to human like us. If he only appeared to be human like us, then his sacrifice is void, his example tainted, and his sharing in our sufferings is a lie.

17. standingfirminChrist

Our bodies are sinful flesh. His was not. The Bible tells us that.

18. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

Where does the Bible say that he didn't have sinful flesh? If he didn't then he wasn't tempted in every way like we are, and thus he can't be the empathetic high priest that Hebrews makes him out to be.

19. standingfirminChrist

Romans 8:3 states Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh.

It does not state He came in sinful flesh

Christ was not made to be sin for us until He hung on the cross. His flesh was not sinful.

20. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Tempted in all points as we are YET WITHOUT Sin" - Heb 4:15.

We "need to be saved" from sin -- He did not. He is the "spotless lamb" of God.

We need a savior from our rebllious (sinful) actions and nature.

Our very nature is warped - deformed - inclined to sin as Paul says in Rom 7 "SIN IN ME at war with the Law of my mind".

This is the part of the sin problem that Christ did not have to seek a savior for - He did not have it.

in Christ,

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.