1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The word "luck or lucky" in our vocabulary!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Turbeville, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Turbeville

Turbeville New Member

Alcott...you are right when you said that you had no control over where you were born..but I think you are selling God short and our finite brain does not let us see the big picture. God created this universe and I think he has the power to decided where you were going to be born...I was talking about Christians only when God filter things in our life....but this is a bad, sinful world and bad things do happen to Christians...remember this is not our home! Right!

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Sorry to quote myself here, but I would like to reiterate. There are things that happen in the providence of God that are beyond our understanding, and out of our control. "Luck" is how it looks to us. The "odds" in rolling dice in a game of Monopoly are a very simplified example. Sure, God is in control, but from our perspective it sure looks like "luck".

If you have a problem with the concept of "luck", just try watching a few NASCAR races. :D

3. Turbeville

Turbeville New Member

But luck is not the reason things happen in your life...is it Jim?

Romans 8:28 reads, " And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."