1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The World God so Loved !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jan 7, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I love all children. But those that are my own I love with a special love and go out of my way to protect them. In exchange for that special love they must keep the commands, commands that I give them in love.

So it is with God's grace. It shines upon all. It is his great love. But for those that accept that love through the atoning blood of Christ, they become part of his family. As His children they are expected to follow his commands, for his commands are not grievous.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

This thread is not about you.

Now we know God Loves His Children, but there is no evidence in scripture that He Loves those that are not His Children, some people are the children of the devil.

1 Jn 3:10

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

In the greek the definite article is before children both times, in describing the children of God and the children of the devil. This denotes Two distinct groups of people, not the same people. The Children of God are those who God Loved 1 Jn 3:1

1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

The children of the devil are those God hates, the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Thats unbiblical, God's Grace is unto His Elect, the Election of Grace Rom 11:5

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Grace is a Spiritual Mercy that Brings Salvation to all for whom Christ died and to all whom it was given to in Christ Jesus before the world began.

Titus 2:11

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

You always make unbiblical comments. Grace shines on all. Where is that scripture ?

More unbiblical teaching, this is salvation by works again, accepting is something man does.

A Person becomes part of God's Family by Election in Christ, God's Son, before the World began, before they had any Being in and of themselves.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I never said it was. Illustrations help. Jesus used them. He called them parables.
    In Mark 10, to the unsaved rich young ruler he said:
    "And Jesus beholding him loved him...."
    He loves all. In John 3:16. He so loved the world.
    If I have a child that goes astray and does evil, that doesn't mean I should stop loving him. God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. He loves all; whether wicked or not. Your assumption is wrong. God's love is offered to all. It is up to the individual to accept it.
    [quote[1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

The children of the devil are those God hates, the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.[/quote]
    You take this verse out of context as it is simply a part of an imprecatory psalm that pronounces judgment on the wicked.
    God allows the rain to shower on the wicked and the just alike, and so the sun to shine upon the wicked and the wicked and the just alike. That is an example of his grace that is extended to all people, whether saved or not.
    Out of context. This verse is speaking of the nation of Israel.
    No it isn't. Grace is free unmerited favor.
    You just quoted it in Titus 2:11--It is grace that brings salvation to all.
    Then I quoted it previously. God causes the rain to shower on the just and the wicked alike; and sun to shine on the just and wicked alike. That is grace poured out upon all men. It is free unmerited favor.
    Salvation is by faith alone. Sola fide. Faith is not a work. It never was. How can you DO faith? What will you pay me for doing faith? Faith is intangible. It is not a work. It is confidence in the word of another. It is trust. It is not a work.
    Pure nonsense. And that is not what the Bible says.

John 1:12
    For as many as received him to them gave he power to become the children of God even to them that believe on his name.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I responded to the rich young ruler comment post 106, and as far as Jn 3:16 is concerned, it states nothing about loving all men without exception, we know it does not mean that because of Rom 9:13

God's Children do evil, but that does not make them the children of the devil.

That has nothing to do with God's Grace. God's Grace is Spiritual and Saving and reigns through Jesus Christ.

Yes God has a common providence that is benelovent to all men alike, but that does not mean He Loves you.

Sure to all that it saves and converts !

It is a work, Believing is something man does ! So if you believe you are saved because you believed or because you received, then you believe you are saved by your works, something you did. The bible condemns that.