1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Wrong Answer for High Gas Prices

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KenH, Sep 9, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

The article made good sense to me. As long as there is competition in the fuel industry, allow the market forces to decide price. Governmental interference ALWAYS messes it up.

I personally don't think tapping the oil reserves at this time is appropriate. But I defer to those with more insight on that matter.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Why should gas sell for less than people are willing to pay? I'm retired but spending the equivalent of about $15/hour of income. At $3/gal an hour of income purchases 5 gallons. (as I recall) When I was making $1.25/hour gas was around 40 cents a gallon so the cost/hour was slightly more.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roosevelt almost destroyed this country through price controls prior to WWII.

Another ten years and the Japanese could have just marched right over us with no problem.

Admiral Yamamoto (I believe it was) said after Pearl that "we have awakened a sleeping giant." Had he waited that ten or so years,the giant would have still been awakened, but he would have been so drowzy that Japan could/would have taken us with minimal resistance.

Gov't is seen by too many as the savior, when in reality it's the crucifier.

The US has blossomed in spite of govt, not because of it. If govt gets too big and cumbersome and interferes too much (HA! As if this is not already a fact) then you can kiss these freedoms we now enjoy, goodby!!!!