1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Theology of debt & Finance

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 9, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How absurd!! Do you even realize what you wrote? How can a born again believer whom is "saved" not be able to address or speak on sin and lead another to faith in Christ? This makes no sense to me.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SO WHAT!!!! Whats the big deal? Plenty of reputable teachers error in this MINOR ISSUE. However Ramsey endorses allot of self-help books which is a FAR BIGGER issue.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The constant self-help endorsements is a FAR FAR bigger concern than the error in the tithe theology which is a very very secondary issue.

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Then, quit buying anything that you don't absolutely have to survive to extend more of the income that you do have to pay your debts. And that includes buying more books of any type for the time being.

Then, work a second job, instead of spending time with "singles", listening to radio, and going to movies in order to pay your debts.

It isn't a sin to have a debt. It is a sin not to pay it. And that means spending money for personal pleasure when that money could be applied to debt.

Eating beans and rice while paying off debt means exactly what it says. Drink water instead of buying soda. Read the Bible instead of buying more books. Buy gas to drive to work and essentials, instead of burning gas for pleasure trips. Etc & Etc.

Others, including myself, have done what it takes to get out of debt, inaccordance with scriptures. We may have only had $5-$10 extra, but those dollars went to pay off debt instead of something else we "wanted" but didn't actually need. Eighty hour work weeks didn't kill me, either. That extra 30 hours (you said you wouldn't work over 50) went a long ways to reduce our debt load.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just opened a new CC with a 0% balance transfer good for 18 months. I will then transfer 1 CC to it and thus reducing this CC debt by allowing 100% of my min payment to go against the balance. This will help reduce my debt. Also my min payment would be $10 cheaper. I have a small balance transfer fee of $57 and yes I miss the days when there were no fees for balance transfers but those days have past.

It sounds to me that you do not believe in budgets or that your budget means no entertainment or leisure which is a bad plan. Crown Financial and even Ramsey recommend living by a budget. They do not recommend going on the extreme and doing nothing but working all the time.

John

#25 evangelist6589, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012