1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Theosomethingorother Question.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Travelsong, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Does it seem fair for one to say:

"I can see no reason why knowledge of God's truth should be deliberately hidden by God from a determined massive majority".

2. jdcanady

jdcanady Member

I really don't understand your question Travelsong. Are you speaking of Christ saying that God had blinded some peoples' eyes so that they wouldn't see the truth and repent? Or, are you speaking of God giving salvation only through the gospel, and then giving the gospel to a tiny group, knowing that many millions of people would live their entire lives never having a chance to hear the gospel? Or, are you suggesting that someone is advocating not taking the gospel to a certain group of people?

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Or are you saying 'Does it make sense that God would send His sinless Son to die on the cross but only for a few people pre chosen by God while the others are pre chosen to die and go to hell?'

If THAT'S the question, NO, it does NOT make sense!

4. whatever

whatever New Member

Fortunately God does not have to do only those things that make sense to us. If that were the case then none of us would be saved.

5. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

Is there a Scripturally expressed understanding that reconciles an all knowing, all loving God with the seemingly sparse availability (on a world wide level throughout human history) of the only way to find salvation?

6. Ulsterman

Ulsterman New Member

Psalm 19 gives creation as a testimony to God's presence, as well as man's conscience. These are witnesses to all men. Beyond that we have the promise of Jeremiah 29:13; "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. "

7. drspinko

drspinko New Member

How about this: