1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There are racist remarks on both sides

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by sag38, Aug 29, 2009.

1. sag38

sag38 Active Member

In a recent thread Crabby posted a Republican representative was taken to task for using the term, "Great White Hope."

Unfortunately, the same thing is going on both sides of the aisle. First it was New York's governor blaming his problems on the fact that he was African American. And, now a Democratic representative is suggesting that resistance to President Obama is race based.

http://www.breitbart.tv/la-rep-obam...to-destroy-first-president-who-looks-like-me/

Let the condemnation begin.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

the true racists are the ones who call us racist when we disagree with obamas polictics

3. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Funny, how when the governor of New York was spewing his clearly racist accusations there was silence from the resident liberals on this board. But, let a woman use the term "great white hope" and it's terrible. I honestly don't think the woman was using that term in a racist way. She was stupid for using it but she was not using it in it's past context. However, this particular representative were clearly playing the race card. And, again the resident liberals are silent.

4. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Using the race card may or may not indicate racism. Our political climate seems to be based on the idea of "shoot first or get shot". Parties don't matter. Issues don't matter. Slinging mud is all that matters. Both sides are guilty.

Tim Reynolds

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Racism knows no political, geographic or cultural bounds. It exists to one degree or another in all political parties, all geographic areas and in all cultures. Some cultures realize there is racism within their culture and some do not, or will not admit it exists in their culture.

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

"Using the race card may or may not indicate racism." Tim, are you serious? I guess it depends on what color you are. Pure and t disgusting.

7. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I'm not sure what you were trying to say in your last sentence.

It seems to me that playing the race card is an attempt to make the other party seem racist whether they are or not. It is a first strike that puts them on the defensive. Maybe they are racist, but I don't think that that is the point of playing the card. It is similar to playing the liberal card as happens so much here on the BB. In any case, I'd be interested in hearing why you disagree.

Tim Reynolds

8. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Pure T Disgusting means "IT'S DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no doubt about it." But, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

9. Timsings

Timsings Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose I must remain unenlightened.

Tim Reynolds