1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured There Is No ‘Third Way’

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Nice try dconn.......The post was concerning the heathen and what they believed....it's been a long time since English class.....but I am pretty sure that was....The subject.

Now of course you put your evil spin on it as you like to do and suggest that you know what I really meant as if I could not say exactly what I meant. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I asked you not to do......guess it is a habitual sin for you....

Maybe you would be better of doing some study on the effects of the fall as you have suggested that the heathen are okay and not dead in Adam and guilty before God...not grasping what Romans 2 is about......or Romans 5 or Romans 6

In fact dconn.....you missed on Romans 1 with DHK..Also then told him he didn't get it.

Romans is not friendly to your ideas is it.

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello QF

I am sure some speak respectfully as they disagree.That being said is not what I observe here on bb.

No that is not what happens as you know quite well.
    Because I get to the point many times without putting up a facade of......well that unbiblical idea is just as valid as anyone else's teaching.....kind of thing. It can draw attention so I expect some return fire so to speak.

You are much more gentle or refined QF......but bottom line is....you many times support that which is hostile or wrong so is it much different?......hence we have the southern....bless your heart thing going on.

Dconn has posted several serious errors. For you to then tell him it was awesome puts you with him in a way.

If a woman who just murdered her baby by abortion is coming out of the clinic and I give her a big thumbs up and proclaim to her that it was awesome........I might as well have driven her there and paid for it......that is what this translates like to me.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello DCONN

yes it is right but you do not like that I called attention to it like when you projected unclean thoughts and motives to Pastor Martin several weeks ago.
    Look at what you do with those who do not buy what your selling.....
    Did you notice in both threads.......no one believes what you say on any of the Romans verses...maybe winman.....but even van who we never agree on anything...even van would not go where you go....and then suggest we all have it wrong instead

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

This site seems to have collected a number of people who hold to a belief regimen contrary to what I know to be traditional Baptist distinctives and doctrines. You would be among that group. As another member here has as his signature, I do not believe what I believe because I am Baptist. I am Baptist because they believe what I believe is true.

You and I do not agree, but I nonetheless am confident I will see you in heaven. Ironically, you don't seem to have that level of confidence regarding me or several others on BB. That is, indeed, unfortunate. Not to mention, extremely presumptuous and arrogant. Those differences will never be successfully resolved between us. Fortunately, that doesn't matter to me. Continue in what you believe. My study, education and background convinces me of what I believe, and I will not change it regardless of how adamant and insulting others may be toward those beliefs and convictions. You'll just have to live with that. I'm sure you will not find that a problem.

6. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

You see, you can define error any way you like. What I believe, and the positions I hold are most often "error" in your eyes.... not in mine and apparently not in many others as well. Such is the nature of theology and the "discussions" which ensue.

Where in the world do you "get off" with the abortion analogy? Don't sink to such lows icon.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    thisnumbersdisconnected

Hello Dconn

Differences can force a person to move outside of their comfort zone:thumbsup:

Dconn....no one here believes what they believe is error. No one willingly posts known error. No one says I am wrong but I will post it anyway unless they are a troll.

Let me clarify this concern Dconn. Everyone here claims to be a Christian.
    We cannot see each others hearts. I have said many times however...we can see each others posts.
    I cannot say to anyone they are saved or lost, neither can you. if you see scriptural evidence you can be encouraged, and over time you gain confidence in people that they are rightly related to saving truth.
    I never comment one way or another.
    That being said....when I see some posting wrong on almost every verse, or going on the attack against clear truth...[not asking sincere questions which deserve an answer and discussion] but instead they attack all the time I am concerned that they are yet outside of Christ.
    If that is the case the best and "loving" thing to do is offer scriptural correction.
    If that is rejected and a general warning is offered...{like what the writer In Hebrews did several times....speaking in general terms about those whose soul was in danger....we should not take offense or accuse me of specific and pointed attacks which I did not do.

It may come across that way to you and others here, but that is not really what I intend by it. Also this idea of arrogance I reject as I have seen if someone offers something rock solid...it is almost rejected 80% of the time by the person and they use this charge of arrogance.
    in reality what if what I am telling you is 100% accurate Dconn.
    What if I have a really good understanding of romans 6 for example and when your posting is like someone scratching their nails on a blackboard and I comment ...I am then arrogant for saying what is true?
    If a jw denies Jesus is God and the Christian holds firm...is he arrogant also , or does he have to say oh well you might be correct also?

At the risk of sounding arrogant...that sounds like unbelief to me Dconn...the Spirit of truth will correct whichever one of us strays from the word.
    Dconn...if I am in error it should matter to you and in fact you should be coming directly at it.

So if half of what you believe is error...you are going to hold onto it? You do not want to say that ...do you???

No Dconn.....I will seek to go right at it as I do. You have a chance to speak with many....you should be eager to be challenged with a view to get at truth to present to those souls. When several come at you scripturally and you shake everyone off....that is not going about it correctly.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    quantumfaith

Hello QF

That is why this is a debate site QF.....if I post things you believe are wrong and unscriptural correct me with scripture.If I offer links you do not like...show me where the link is wrong.

When archangel, rippon, reformed, annsi, Judith, con 1, biblicist , bosley, thousand hills kyred, tom butler and several others post I know essentially what they mean and what scriptures they speak of. If we disagree we discuss back and forth...no strawmen, or back stabbing comments.....why is that QF?

I do not like to use analogies...but it did get a reaction.
    That reaction is what your awesome post to the posted error was like when I read it QF. You see what I am saying.

9. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the request of the OP this thread is closed.:BangHead:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.