1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

There WILL be a "Post Katrina" NOBTS!!

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by blackbird, Sep 30, 2005.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Major damage to the campus---did not compel trustees to swagger towards "Hot-lanta"---but decision to stay is good public notice that NOBTS will remain as a "Light on a hill that cannot be hidden"

www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?ID=21742

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

PastorSBC1303 had brought that up, that is great news!

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad to hear that. However I think the seminary, indeed the entire city, should wait until the levy system is fixed and able to with stand a cat 5 storm. The tropical pattern that we are in almost guarantees a repeat performance within the next year or two. So New Orleans, indeed the entire east coast all the way to Texas, is not out of the woods. To rebuild the seminary, or the city, without fixing the levy sytem first is careless. The city is below sea level and that makes severe flooding a problem thus the levy system. Until it is fixed NOBTS should locate to some other location.

Sorry.
    Martin.

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I DO NOT think that building 'a cat 5 levee system for an area the size of New Orleans' is advisable.

FILL DIRT ... lots of it.

5. Broadus

Broadus Member

I wonder what a rebuilt New Orleans (the city) will look like. I can't even imagine the amount of work it's going to take.

Bill

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

About 150 SEBTS students and faculty just departed for New Orleans on October 01, 2005. I don't know what/where their mission trip focus is scheduled to include. However, I know that they can certainly use our prayers!