1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

they are out there?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Mar 7, 2006.

?
  1. Yes I am

80.0%
  2. No I'm not

20.0%
  3. I don't really know yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Do these men exist? Paul wrote to the Corithians in chapter 7 I think "It is godd for a man not to marry?" Can there be such a person? Someone who walks the path of lifelong celabacy in service to the Lord? How do they manage any frustration? How do they face this challenge in todays Fruedian world, where celebacy at your teenage years is almost becoming unaviodable?
    How about we create a website, make up biographies, or take up real stories and animate the lives of these ideal human beings, to show that they do exist, that men and woman can have integrity, self control, and purity (who else would be better living examples of them?) all for the glory of God. They could also be in different, perhaps the hardes situtations: like in the urban city or the so-called "ghetto"; or maybe in the Middle East. Someone could be a marriage councelor or in the mission field; and the next person who dosent marry to serve God and his Country on the battlefield. There could be young people who want to make this decision, despite the peer pressure. The website could also have a section for those who don't know what their calling is yet, guidelines for the celebant lifestyle, perhaps even a forum!
    I wonder, was Fred Rogers celebant? I can't rememver his bio.
    Well, what do you think?
    Do you know anyone like this?

2. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

3. UnchartedSpirit

thanks. this marks the record of the saddest poll in Baptist history

4. UnchartedSpirit

but I heard there are homosexuals who live a celibate lifestyle, rather than sin against the Lord. How does that work?

5. UnchartedSpirit

well at least some know singles.Can I get their bios?

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

What do you mean, "How does that work?" The mechanics or the results?

7. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Uncharted,

be careful not to fall into the thinking that drives our society, today. The one you mentioned about celibacy being almost impossible even through the teenage years....at least I think thats what you were trying to say. This Freudian society, as you rightly put it, has the notion that celibacy is impossible. This is absolutely not true. Don't accept their premise in this area.

There are first of all, many many teenagers who remain celibate throughout their teen years and on into their older years until they marry. There are also many single folk who live celibate far older. Not everything is about the physical relationship, and one who is active in the service of God will be focused on that service.

8. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Uncharted,
    I sense that the topic of sexuality is on your heart alot.
    I think many people wrongly assume that God requires celibacy (priests/nuns) for some people. He only requires it for those who dont have the proper outlet for it, according to what we see in Scripture.
    I know several people who are celibate and in their 40's, but its not because they feel God has called them to a lifetime of celibacy. He just hasnt brought them a mate, and they choose to obey him in that area of their lives. Teenagers can make it too!

9. UnchartedSpirit

I didn't say teenagers couldn't, just that culture is wanting them to pander up with their sexuality more and more nowadays.
    so why was Paul not married? Perhaps his thorn in the flesh? What do you mean for proper outlet?

10. bapmom

bapmom New Member

There could be any number of reasons that Paul was not married. He could have had a wife at one point and she died, and then he just chose not to remarry. I say this because I've heard that Pharisees were usually married men in their communities....but that could be wrong. He may have just never found the time to search for a wife, and once he really got into his full-time ministry he obviously opted to focus on that rather than looking for a wife.

By "proper outlet" we would be referring to a marriage....the only time when a physical relationship is condoned by God.

11. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

You are right Uncharted, our culture pushes teens toward that, and I know it must be really tough.

12. UnchartedSpirit

so, could you see the benefit of having a hot website to go to that promotes, encourages, and conforts those who are single and celebant, by seeing a character like them, and even in their same enviornment, and how they go through it?

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

not sure what you mean by "hot website".....just popular? There are many resources out there for the single Christian.

I think it would be more beneficial for the single Christian to get very involved in the ministries of his church. He has the "luxury" of not having other people at home demanding his time and attention. He can devote himself pretty much entirely to serving God.

14. UnchartedSpirit

oh, I overlooked two poll questions, can i make a double poll in the same thread?

15. nate

nate New Member

Wow 13 people said they didn't know a Catholic priest.

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

US: Do these men exist? Paul wrote to the Corithians in chapter 7 I think "It is godd for a man not to marry?" Can there be such a person? Someone who walks the path of lifelong celabacy in service to the Lord?

Gina: It does not say it is good for a man not to marry. Here is the end of chapter six and the beginning of chapter 7:

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. 1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

Read it all together. [​IMG] Unmarried men in the church were tempted to commit fornication. Paul lets them know that fornication is wrong, and encourages them to stay pure. It is good not to commit fornication. If one is struggling with such lusts, take a wife. Then he goes on to give advice about marital relationships.

BTW, I don't believe it ever says that Paul was never married.

US: How do they manage any frustration? How do they face this challenge in todays Fruedian world, where celebacy at your teenage years is almost becoming unaviodable?

Gina: That's a good question. It's hard, but it's possible. It takes dedication and commitment. Guard yourself against obvious temptations and things you know cause you to struggle. Have a plan of action. Know what you will do, how you will act, when faced with temptation. That can include many things, such as avoiding being alone with someone of the opposite sex, having a verse you memorize to repeat when thoughts enter your head that you don't want there, learning to pray immediately when you start feeling frustrated in order to redirect your heart. Always remembering that fornication is sin, and that the result of sin was death. Will you shame Christ's death by sinning? Think about if it's really worth all that.

US: How about we create a website, make up biographies, or take up real stories and animate the lives of these ideal human beings, to show that they do exist, that men and woman can have integrity, self control, and purity (who else would be better living examples of them?) all for the glory of God. They could also be in different, perhaps the hardes situtations: like in the urban city or the so-called "ghetto"; or maybe in the Middle East. Someone could be a marriage councelor or in the mission field; and the next person who dosent marry to serve God and his Country on the battlefield. There could be young people who want to make this decision, despite the peer pressure. The website could also have a section for those who don't know what their calling is yet, guidelines for the celebant lifestyle, perhaps even a forum!

Gina: That sounds like an interesting idea. There are a number of free forum set ups online. I suggest you take charge of this, go ahead and use your ideas. By encouraging others and doing research into this in order to post things that are helpful and supportive of your peers, you will be helping yourself too! Go for it.
    Perhaps you can recruit some to your cause, but I suggest that if you feel this strongly, you go ahead and start it yourself. You're an adult now, right? You're old enough to start a good work.

US: I wonder, was Fred Rogers celebant? I can't rememver his bio.
    Well, what do you think?
    Do you know anyone like this?

Gina: I have no clue. I've known people who chose to remain cellibate because they were not married, or to go back to such a way because they married previously and now are not due to divorce or the death of a spouse. It's part of living the Christian lifestyle.

17. UnchartedSpirit

I guess I'll soon be an adult, in seven days, but one that's still disabled, and so far hasn't been able to start anything that anyone could understand and catch on to. And on my own, works like this would take years.

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What is your disability? You've managed to sign onto an online forum and post. You get your meaning across. That is about all it takes.
    I believe that if you put your mind to it, it would be quite simple to set up an online forum and offer support for people in the areas you're concerned with. You don't have to be an expert.

Do you have a friend? I assume you have at least one friend, be it a friend or someone your own age, that you talk with and share problems with, and try to figure out the Christian way to do things.

That's all an online forum would be. Opening yourself to being friends with people you haven't met in person. Sharing situations and learning how the other has dealt with it, getting new ideas, sharing them.

That's it!

What are you afraid of? If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you tried.
    If it does work, you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you tried, and it worked.

19. Acumenical

Acumenical Member

It is certainly possible to remain celibate, although our society makes it difficult, with almost relentless sexual messages bombarding us from every side. It takes a truly committed individual to live in purity, but with God giving us strength, a celibate life is more than possible. It can even be inspiring.

20. UnchartedSpirit

if i did have a friend it would be in an already preexisting forum. my area lives up to CA's rep of 'hypersexual teens.' i'm pretty sure a celebacy forum already exists, that's why i wanted to add the spin of creating animated biographies. if I did that, i'd have no time to be on any forums or socicalize at all. then, how would I get my material?