1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

They took His garments...?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Scott J, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was Jesus wearing on the cross after the soldiers took His clothing?

Was He completely naked or did He have some sort of loin cloth as popularized in art?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

My personal opinion Scott is if they took His clothing then He was naked, why would they allow someone they are crucifying(the worst methind of execution) the dignity of being covered. Not sure but is there anything biblical to base it on one way or anther?

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

http://www.konnections.com/Kcundick/crucifix.html

http://www.frugalsites.net/jesus/

http://www.frugalsites.net/jesus/crucifixion.htm#11

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Duplicate post

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks.

BTW, Diane, How are things in Villa Rica? My family and I moved to Missouri from there a little less than two years ago. We lived out on 101.

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember the name but I am not sure where it was... on the south side of I-20 maybe? We lived in McClendon Meadows.

I hate that they are giving those folks a hard time. Hopefully, there won't be any substance to the complaints. I always liked seeing the I.C.E. units on my way home.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That's exactly where we are. Just 1 1/10 miles from Wal-Mart off Hickory Level. :D

I've NEVER noticed any light flashing, etc. and the I.C.E. unit has uncovered so many drug smugglers! I think it's unfounded.

Diane

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thanks for the information Diane,

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are "sanitized" in our thinking of the events of a crucifixion.

The convicted criminal is beaten so that he will have no resistance. Carries the cross beam. Nailed to it and hoisted and dropped into a slot on an upright post (about 6 ft tall).

His feet would be about 1 inch off the ground, at eye level with the families of his victims. They would spit at him, slap him, kick him. He was shamed in total nakedness. Retaliation for his crime; venting of emotions.

Guards were stationed there to keep the crowd back and allow him to die in agony. And that is what Jesus did for me.