1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Think before you vote

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by just-want-peace, Oct 31, 2004.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our local paper has run Thomas Sowell's series "Think before you vote"
    (I think that's the title) of 4 installments as of today (Sunday).

It's a great read for before voting.

One of the points was that we are choosing the BEST of the AVAILABLE prospects for running, (or ruining?) this country for the next 4 years. We aren't chosing a wife/husband, selecting a career etc, etc. but using our options to select the most qualified (in each person's mind) candidate for the highest position in the land/world.

Dig up his editorials and read; might just be a bit of an eye-opener for those who are apathetic and/or undecided. It'll give you something to think about even if you've already decided.

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Stopping to think before voting is of course important, but may I suggest that you also pray and ask God for guidance in voting because the issues are often much more complex than we realize, and every coin has two sides.

[​IMG]

3. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Craig,

I don't want to minimize the importance of prayer, but if you go to school and neglect to study, I doubt that God will give you the test answers through prayer.

Same with politics. It takes a bit of work to understand what is going on.

Bush claims that his policies are a result of prayer. Well, then again, he prays to the same god as the muslims, so maybe they are.