1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thinking about leaving my church

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Born_in_Crewe, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Dear All,

I am thinking of leaving my church. I had typed out a long post but then the computer decided to log me out? I can't be bothered to go through it all again but I feel that being in the church is actually more of a hindrance than a help and God wants me to bring this nine-year period to an end.

Prayers for guidance would be appreciated.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know that's a hard decision to make and I'll be praying that God will guide you in what you should do.

3. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Lord Jesus, we pray for Born in Crewe as You will be the Guide Who will be directing Born in Crewe's path. May You be the One to get all of the honor and glory! In Jesus name we are asking You. AMEN
    :praying::1_grouphug:

#3 jilphn1022, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  4. MichaelBuckingham

MichaelBuckingham New Member

I pray that the Lord would show you what you must do, and hope that you will continue in prayer!

5. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Thank you for your prayers. It's a complex thing to explain, but I have had the feeling of perhaps feeling an increasing wish, and perhaps a gradual leading from God, for some months, going back to late last year.

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

If it simply logged you out of the board, log into the first page where it tells you so and your post will still show up. I usually don't have it checked to stay logged into the BB so this happens to me all the time. I always just put my name in and the post I just typed shows up.
    But...I've learned if it's a long post, copy and paste it just in case.

Would love to hear more details. I'm very much into not leaving a church until all alternatives have been exhausted because once you join it's family and a commitment has been made. The surrounding circumstances for cutting off family need to be pretty extreme and obvious. If all the options to stay haven't been exhausted, then one can't learn how to handle them and since all churches have problems, there's just going to be a new set of problems eventually.

I've left three churches that weren't due to moves. One was because it was LDS and a false church. The other was an IFB church where the pastor was the dictator and final authority on all matters, to the point where we were watched outside the church and without asking questions, would be preached at from the pulpit in front of the congregation. Abuse of authority was hid, the pastor had his own daughter lie about how joyful and glad she was for her father forcing her to attend church while she had a severe migraine because hey, can't miss church! That was the same place that called me a wh*** for visiting an old church of mine while out of town. The third...they were just scripturally wrong and I believed they led people to falsely believe they were saved after "123 repeat after me" prayers. The final blow came when they did it with a friend of mine I'd brought in to talk to the pastor. I think he just got sick of talking as she kept saying she couldn't bring herself to honestly believe in Jesus, suddenly he just said "okay, let's pray" and he did the salvation prayer and she repeated it and he told her she was saved. I got soooo sick to my stomach, just couldn't be a part of that anymore without feeling like I was condoning evil because that's allowing people to falsely believe and still be headed straight to hell. It doesn't get worse than that.

7. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

Ok, its complicated but part of it is me just being irritated by certain things and part of it is the fact that I feel I'm not really noticed by some people, or even that some people feel I should have ''moved on'' by now.

The reason I haven't, geographically speaking, is because I came back from uni and struggled to get a permanent job. I feel like I'm wasting my 20s but it feels I've had my hands tied by circumstances for most of the time and I couldn't have done much better without having more natural abilities.

It sounds strange but I have grown frustrated with certain individuals and stopped enjoying being around them. When I have been to other churches/events I have generally found the people more humble. There is too much respect for status and I believe to some extent nepotism in our church, also IMO too much materialism even though few people in the church would actually admit to it.

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I hate being where you are, and thus, my prayers go for you fervently.

9. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Ironic, just how horific a church can get once a person takes their eyes off of Christ and places them onto the church members...

Perhaps the church isn't the problem.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I tried to pm you but your message box is full.

Praying for you :praying:

Blessings

following-Him

12. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Continue to pray for you!