1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Bill is unAmerican

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maryland lawmakers agreed this week to require public school teachers to pay union fees – a move that bolsters the state’s connection to organized labor as others move toward a right-to-work status.

The bill passed Thursday in the General Assembly and is headed to the desk of Democratic Gov. Martin O’Malley for signing after Monday, the final day of Maryland’s 2013 legislative session.

The bill is also part of a larger progressive agenda put fourth this year by leaders of the Democrat-controlled Assembly that includes the approval of tax increases and one of the toughest gun-control proposals in the country.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...g-teachers-to-pay-union-fees-reversing-right/

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yep, it is totally unAmerican. Even when I worked for various agenices of the Federal Government, and that agency either had a union or association (in most cases) to represent us, it was totally up to us, and the policy was strictly enforced. It may not have been fair to dues paying members, but the associations were required to represent us even if we did not pay.

I can tell you though, from working a few years inside one of these associational groups, it makes all the difference in the world between filling out the required minimum paperwork, and really going to bat for someone.

I cannot understand how a bill can even be considered by a legislative body of any level that so grossly violates someone's right to be in an employee organization or not.

Maryland politics are very liberal.